• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We had to say Goodbye to Jojo today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I knew her time was coming but it doesn't make me feel any better about it :cry::cry:

For those that don't know Jojo was born with severe neurological problems and had major issues with fear aggression. Her life was incredibly difficult and for us she was ridiculously hard to handle and deal with:( But she was still one of my favourites :love:

In the past 2 months her problems had become more severe to the point where she was running into things and hurting herself. I know some people were concerned when she wasn't taken to the vets each time this happened, but we knew it wouldn't help her. There was nothing they could do and there was never any lasting damage to her to treat. We knew that all we could do was keep her as happy and safe as possible until she went to the bridge. And she did have some happy times, the sun came out and there were plenty of binkies despite everything.

But this weekend she had a very strange episode without any injury to herself. For 5 to 6 hours on Saturday she was completely unresponsive to us, food anything :( She just sat quietly in a corner, very unjojo like. But she came out of it and on the sunday was much brighter, however we noticed straight away that her pupils were unequal and the left wasn't blinking in the sunlight :(

We made an appointment first thing Monday morning to see Juliet as we trust her completely to make the right decisions for Jojo. She wasn't available until this morning but Jojo was fine, eating and her eyes returned to normal, so we were happy to wait. The past two days Jojo was back on full form, aggressive and binkying! So I wasn't 100% expecting today's decision:(:( But I know in the long run it was the right thing for her.

I hope she is whole, happy and relaxed at the bridge, surrounded by bunny friends as I know how much she wanted company but couldn't have it. Because she was so difficult to handle she took up a good proportion of our day so she is going to leave a massive hole in our lives :(

I will never forget her, she was given the most awful life to contend with and there was nothing anyone could do to make it better. I just hope that I made it a little more bearable for her some of the time.

Love you Jojo :love::love:

Jojo was a big bunny a California cross lop. She came to us at 8months old and was 3 years old this month, so still just a baby :(

P1010250-1.jpg

In her favourite spot - taken last summer :love:

P6060136.jpg

I was hoping you'd add photos. Always wondered what her breed was. The chair is a perfect fit for the run and she was a very distinguished looking rabbit. :love:

I was hoping you'd add photos. Always wondered what her breed was. The chair is a perfect fit for the run and she was a very distinguished looking rabbit. :love:

Her Mum was a Californian and dad was a lop. She was either born in rescue or handed in as tiny baby. She was the runt of the litter and had to be removed from them all at 6 weeks as was attacking her siblings :( The rescue neutered her when she was old enough in the hopes it would help but didn't. No-one was interested in offering her a home and it got to the point where the rescue could no longer cope with her so contacted us or she would have been pts there and then.

I know we all made the right decision for her at the end of the day but at the moment it isn't sitting right in my heart or stomach :( It is hard letting such a strong feisty rabbit go :( But I guess the fact that she had to be gassed rather than injected tells us a lot :cry::cry:

So sorry you had to let Jojo go Liz. Its the hardest decision to make :cry: Trust in yourself, you will have made the best choice for her.

Back