• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have finished building my hutches for boarding. They're full!!!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
My first clients are booked in for June but I thought that with Easter coming up it might be a good idea to have the hutches ready in case anyone may need help then. They are 7'x2'x2' and I am building them three high.

The frame

20120312_171638.jpg

The floors in

20120313_131221.jpg

The backand sides on with Floppy modelling!

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

20120313_183910.jpg

Last edited:
Ali, you deserve a HUGE pat on the back.

Those hutches are going to be amazing and your welfare for the guests will be exemplary.

Lucky buns.

Well done and the very best of luck.

Don't forget if you need to pick a brain cell or two..............................I'm more than glad to help.:thumb::thumb:

Thank you EVERYONE for all your lovely comments. You all help me feel so much better about what I am doing.:D:D:D

I am really enjoying building these ones because I want any buns who holiday here to enjoy their stay! I would have liked them to be 8x3 but from a practical point of view we just don't have the space.:D

Will the boarders be having exercise time in a run too :)

Probably not. The only space would be on grass and I wouldn't want to have them on there because of the difficulty in disinfecting between clients. Hence why I would have preferred bigger hutches. However, the buns are not living in these hutches permanently so on a temporary basis they should be fine. There will be levels and hiding places inside as well.

Probably not. The only space would be on grass and I wouldn't want to have them on there because of the difficulty in disinfecting between clients. Hence why I would have preferred bigger hutches. However, the buns are not living in these hutches permanently so on a temporary basis they should be fine. There will be levels and hiding places inside as well.

Its probably bigger than what they get at home anyway.

Your boarders will be safe, secure and virtually no chance of cross infection. I don't think anyone can definitely guarantee 100%. Even high profile disinfectant makers etc cannot and will not guarantee 100%

I'd rather have my bunnies with less space, but with more safe and secure housing. Easier to keep clean and so much less risk of cross contamination.

They will have plenty of things to keep them mentally stimulated and no doubt plenty of one to one attention by you Ali.

I feel sure that you will be very much in demand.

Go girl.:thumb:

Last edited:
Your boarders will be safe, secure and virtually no chance of cross infection. I don't think anyone can definitely guarantee 100%. Even high profile disinfectant makers etc cannot and will not guarantee 100%

I'd rather have my bunnies with less space, but with more safe and secure housing. Easier to keep clean and so much less risk of cross contamination.

They will have plenty of things to keep them mentally stimulated and no doubt plenty of one to one attention by you Ali.

I feel sure that you will be very much in demand.

Go girl.:thumb:

You're a star, I have been cheeky to you today yet you are still so supportive.:oops::oops:

You're a star, I have been cheeky to you today yet you are still so supportive.:oops::oops:

You cheeky .......never........................................:lol::lol::lol::D:D

Let's say I've had coming up to 10 years of boarding small animals and hopefully I should have some idea of what and how to do things.

Well that's in between hot flushes, totally useless worries and sheer panic about life!!! :oops::oops::lol::lol:

You cheeky .......never........................................:lol::lol::lol::D:D

Let's say I've had coming up to 10 years of boarding small animals and hopefully I should have some idea of what and how to do things.

Well that's in between hot flushes, totally useless worries and sheer panic about life!!! :oops::oops::lol::lol:

You are my rock helping me find my way through this! :love::love:

Yay! Looking good, Jack and Daisy are excited :)
I am so glad! Cannot wait to meet them!

Back