• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harley and Quinn Testing out their new outdoor set-up *Pic Heavy*

Aliswan

Warren Scout
So I have been preparing Harley and Quinn's new outdoor living quarters for quite a while. I've been doing it as a reward to myself if I do lots of work on my dissertation for uni. Today I finally got it finished so as seen as the weather is beautiful today I thought they could go out and test it.

The outside of the shed with new cat flap windows which allow ventilation in winter and will be opened fully in summer
P1030433.jpg

Inside the shed
P1030426.jpg

Harley on his shelf :D and the cat flap to the tunnels
P1030431.jpg

Out of the cat flap...
P1030435.jpg

into this...
P1030434.jpg

then this...
P1030438.jpg

leads to this...
P1030443.jpg

which leads into this...
P1030442.jpg

A 7x4 and 6x4 together
P1030441.jpg

Harley seems to like it
P1030449.jpg

Quinn's not quite so sure!
P1030450.jpg

Cat flap? No I think you mean rabbit flap!
P1030454.jpg

Great job!

Only thing i'd say is, do they have un-supervised time in that space? Only those metal pens can move easily, and they could easily dig out of the run-around tunnels.

That's not a dig, just trying to help :)

Thank you :D

They've only been out for about 30mins today, they're indoor bunnies atm, so I watched to see how they behaved.

No dig taken Graham :D The tunnels and run are all secured down with a hundred of tent pegs atm but I've just ordered another 500 off ebay to make sure it's extra secure. They can't dig through the blue stuff so not worried about that but I was worried about the runs and the part of the tunnel on grass so I've decided to completely surround it with pegs to hold it down and I've got some thinner mesh which I'm going to use to make a skirt around the edges to stop them digging, which touch wood so far they haven't shown any interest in, inside or outside!

Looks good :D Your bunnies are very cute! :love::love: Love the pic of the tail going through the cat flap! :lol:

When I first saw the photos I almost posted saying your door's up the wrong way :oops: then I realised. :oops:

Thank you all, I'm pretty proud of it :D my fingers are still sore from cutting and bending the mesh but it's worth it.

Haha Elena, I just used cheap cat flaps as they were easier to put in instead of windows. They were really cheap and don't actually swing open/closed freely so would have been no good for the buns.

Thank you :D

They've only been out for about 30mins today, they're indoor bunnies atm, so I watched to see how they behaved.

They can't dig through the blue stuff so not worried about that but I was worried about the runs and the part of the tunnel on grass so I've decided to completely surround it with pegs to hold it down and I've got some thinner mesh which I'm going to use to make a skirt around the edges to stop them digging, which touch wood so far they haven't shown any interest in, inside or outside!

Hi, what and where did you get the 'blue stuff' that's in the tunnels?
Looks good :)

Hi, what and where did you get the 'blue stuff' that's in the tunnels?
Looks good :)

Hi, thank you
the blue stuff is this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130596274...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1697wt_1270

I was worried that it might hurt their feet but after advice from people on here I bought some, put it down in my dining room and they both seemed to like it, running around, binkying and flopping on it lol. Someone did raise concerns about cleaning it but luckily my two are very clean and only like doing their business in their litter tray (great for me lol).

Back