• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put in your bunneh's run?

jeny

Warren Scout
I've got the run up in the garden (yay) and am looking for things to leave out there (lazy).

They love their cardboard boxes but obviously they can't stay out there cos of rain etc, I've got a couple of nylon tunnels which should be ok outside.

What do your buns have outside?

I would only use those wire framed tunnels when you are around, bunnies chew them and they could become dangerous if they get trapped in the fire.

I think willow toys are the favourite, they love to chew and eat them. I also have a platform in my runs so they have something to jump on. They also have a chew proof plastic basket that they can chuck around.

For outside bun - we have breeze block and brick built tunnels although obviously not round ones but if you build like like lego with two breeze blocks with gap apart and then two over the top that fit togehter then they have a square tunnel and something to jump on top of - mine loves to be up on top of things. I also put a towel down and he lays on it as he is a paved enclosure and upturned heavy plant pots for him to jump on top of and over.

Cardboard wine bottle holders from tescos stuffed full of hay, 2 green plastic tunnels, apple twigs, a wooden bridge/tunnel thingy. I do have a plastic childrens chair but it isnt in there atm, and also hanging hay balls but they dont get used much :wave:

i change the things in my run weekly to keep them interested and occupied.

i always have the plastic tunnels with a centre piece so i have 2 or 3 tunnels from it. i have a wooden platform they like to sit on and a couple of childs deckchairs. i sometimes in nice weather i put a box of soil in there as a dig pit which they love and i have a wooden crate they play in.
in summer i put apple branches in from the garden as well.

as i said i swap these about weekly so it isn't too full and they have a bit of variation.

Oooh the runaround stuff would be great and give them more room! and make them less easier to catch to bring inside if i could afford it :(

Mine have a child's tunnel and a child's tent. They also have two plastic children's chairs and a plastic stool. And two of those green plastic tunnels. I put everything out about now round the edges of the pen so they have room to run in the middle and peg some things to the pen to stop them moving around. Anything that they could use to jump over the sides of the pen gets put under the tarpaulined part of the run (our pen has no roof). Then it all stays out there until autumn. I also put in a rack of hay and a bowl of water (obviously) but those get taken out when they aren't in there. As I carry them downstairs to the pen in their carrier I also leave that in there for them to hide in.

Everything is used under close supervision however.

Back