• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help very poorly rabbit :-(

lja401

Warren Scout
Hello
Our rabbit is really poorly :-( we took her to the vet at 7 and he gave her a pain killer along with zantac and eperid (sp?) she hasn't eaten since 3.30 today. Should we start the critical care now? She's just lying there but has only been back from vets for 2 hours and has been very stressed.
Thank you x x

I would try syringe feeding the critical care try get ya bunny eating have you any basil or coriander you could tempt her/him with sending loads a get well vibes 

Yes I would say start the syringe feeding as soon as you can, the sooner they start eating the quicker they recover. It's also worth getting them to move around as it helps to get things started again in the stomach. Hope your bunny feels better soon x

Hope your bunny feels better soon. I agree with the advice already posted, both about syringing and encouraging movement. Is she an indoor bun?

Thank you for your replies. We have given her 10ml of critical care. Going to give her some more in a bit and then we will wake up in the night to give her some. She is an indoor bun. She was eating at 3pm today. Last went to the toilet at 5pm today. She is just lying there :-(

Still no joy :-( just been down to feed her. She was just lying in her litter tray :-( starting to really worry now.

keep syringe feeding an if possible try just getting bunny to move about a little also you can also try ya bunny with fresh herbs like basil,coriander etc when do you have to see vet again if it was my bunny I would take him/her back to vets again sending get well vibes try to keep bunny warm aswell 

I think she needs to go back to the vets this morning as an emergency. Sounds like she needs more painkillers and gut stimulants. Did the vet examine her abdomen for blockages? Did he check her teeth?

In the meantime how do her ears feel temperature wise? She may need help maintaining her temperature so a snugglesafe or warm hot water bottke will help. Keep syringing her water regularly, its very important she stays hydrated.

Still no joy :-( just been down to feed her. She was just lying in her litter tray :-( starting to really worry now.

Definitely agree with the others. She needs to see a vet ASAP. Normally a rabbit that has had bellyache and stopped eating would be quite feisty or at least a bit brighter at this stage as should be in recovery due to the meds, syringe feeds etc. She definitely needs assessing in case there is anything more serious going on as she really doesn't sound to be improving.

Hello
Thank you for all your replies. We got up at 3 to syringe feed her and got her to move about a bit. We got up for work at 7 and she started eating a tiny bit of hay :) she's now moving around a lot more and is eating more. Yay :) Feel much happier now.. thank you for all your advice and help x x

Back