• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Coccidia

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Well long story :(

Justin my little male boy has been loosing weight and my old vet said it was his teeth, He does have long front teeth but he has always had this and goes to have then trimmed every 4-6 weeks. Last Sunday I lost my Little man Boss again very skinny, and for sure I can say I dont under feed.

This week Justin got really ill and i fort this isnt good and went to my proper vet and said about this other vet.. He done a poo sample and half the results came back as grade 5 Coccidia, he starts his antibiotics tomorrow.

Have you had a bunny with this? Can it be treated? How did he get it?

So sorry for the questions just I am really upset and worried now :(

Back