• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

the new hvd and myxi combined jab....

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
Does any one know how much this costs as I have 4 bunnies that all need their myxi jab this month, and does any one know what vets in Kent are doing this jab now???

Well pets at homes price board just saids "Rabbit Vaccinations £35, 6 Month Booster £15* Prices may be wrong but not far of

So from seeing that it tells me they bought it out.

Well pets at homes price board just saids "Rabbit Vaccinations £35, 6 Month Booster £15* Prices may be wrong but not far of

So from seeing that it tells me they bought it out.

That tells me the opposite - that they haven't brought it out yet, because the new combined jab doesn't need a 6 month booster. I would read that as the annual myxo and VHD (2 jabs, 2 weeks apart) are £35, and the 6 monthly myxo booster is £15.

As far as I am aware, although the original planned launch date was "March", no particular date in March was specified and they still seem to be doing some final testing to establish its effectiveness in UK bunnies who have previously been vaccinated with different products. I don't think it has been launched in the UK quite yet :)

That tells me the opposite - that they haven't brought it out yet, because the new combined jab doesn't need a 6 month booster. I would read that as the annual myxo and VHD (2 jabs, 2 weeks apart) are £35, and the 6 monthly myxo booster is £15.

As far as I am aware, although the original planned launch date was "March", no particular date in March was specified and they still seem to be doing some final testing to establish its effectiveness in UK bunnies who have previously been vaccinated with different products. I don't think it has been launched in the UK quite yet :)

Me too as many vets do charge for both vaccs at the same time. As far as I know the combined vaccination will cost the same as a single vaccination so for most or us shouldn't cost £35 :D

My vet said to me today it'd be the end of this month, they've already been trying to get rid of the old jabs fast to get ready for it. I asked him the price and he said he had no idea and they'd have to wait until they got it to set a fair price.

My vet said to me today it'd be the end of this month, they've already been trying to get rid of the old jabs fast to get ready for it. I asked him the price and he said he had no idea and they'd have to wait until they got it to set a fair price.

Great thank you!

May be incorrect, because from what ive read you need 1 jab every 12 months, and 1 jab every 6 months.. so £35 for yearly Vaccs and £17 for the 6month booster sounds about right.

Not with the new combined one which is due out soon - the trials for the new one have been shown to provide 12 months protection for both myxomatosis and VHD so just one jab every year. But there are still questions over exactly whether/how it will work in UK bunnies who have been vaccinated with different products previously...we're all waiting with bated breath for the outcome of that discussion!

Well my bunny is getting his first Vacs on tuesday at Pets at home Companion Vet Surgery so i will report back with my findings then :D

Harvey had his Myxo injection on Monday and i asked about this new jab, my vet said at the moment they have no plans to change over and will still be keeping them seperate, unless someone actually requested to have the all in one then they will order it in but at the moment there are no plans to use this all in one jab.

I don't know if my vet uses this yet but I hope he does. With eleven buns it would make life a lot easier. He did come out to me anyway but at the moment their vaccinations aren't co-ordinated as I've been having them done as and when they go in for other things so as to try and spread the cost a bit.

I wouldn't let Dylan have VHD so I hope I can still get the myxi separate.

Just asked my vets re when it's available and they haven't heard yet. :? It's looking less likely to be March then.

It must be driving vet practices mad as they want to buy in loads of myxi vaccinations for the seasonal uptake but they won't want to buy in the single vaccine if there is a big demand for the combined vaccine, which may become available at any time.

Just asked my vets re when it's available and they haven't heard yet. :? It's looking less likely to be March then.

It must be driving vet practices mad as they want to buy in loads of myxi vaccinations for the seasonal uptake but they won't want to buy in the single vaccine if there is a big demand for the combined vaccine, which may become available at any time.

My vet hasn't bought it in yet because he still has questions regarding it. A lot of other local vets ask him about this sort of stuff so they are probably doing the same. It's a bit of a waiting game at the moment.

Back