• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your mini lops weigh?

Jen2412

Warren Scout
I've just got back from the vets with Macie for her myxo vaccination (half price at the moment :thumb:) and she weighs a whopping 2.16kg :shock: According to the vet she's a perfect weight but I'm starting to think she aspires to be a dwarf lop not a mini lop :lol:

So how much does everyone else's mini lops weigh?

If your vet thinks she is a good weight, and you are happy with your vet then I would go by that. :)

I have just adopted a minilop, and he is 1.85kg. I have no idea what the breed weight for a mini-lop is, but I suspect that my Toby is a bit of a cross anyway, so as long as the vet is happy and he is healthy and a constant weight I won't worry too much :)

I'm very happy with her weight and condition, I'm just being nosey :lol:

I think the breed standard weight is around the 1.5kg mark :?

Bubbles was 1.25kg a couple of weeks ago and usually remains around that weight throughout the year. I haven't weighed Alfie in a little while but he's usually somewhere between 1.6kg and 1.8kg.

I think the max. weight according to the breed standard is 1.5 - 1.6kg, so Alfie just about fits on his slim days! :lol::lol:

charlie is about 1.8/9 and honey is 1.3(she had her jab today too :D) charlie is so muscley though! i can feel his poerful legs when i pick him up!:lol:

I've just got back from the vets with Macie for her myxo vaccination (half price at the moment :thumb:) and she weighs a whopping 2.16kg :shock: According to the vet she's a perfect weight but I'm starting to think she aspires to be a dwarf lop not a mini lop :lol:

So how much does everyone else's mini lops weigh?

Olly and Honey are both over 2kg, and they're not overweight! I wouldn't worry :wave:

Doughnut is 1.1kg but she was half the size of her brothers and sisters when I chose her. She's not underweight, the vet said she's a good weight but she's just small. When I stroke her I can feel her bones but they are padded not sharp and she certainly doesn't look skinny.

My mini lop friend was last weighed at 2.2kg. He has all the distinctive mini lop features, but a bigger frame.

I have read that the "average" weight is between 1.5-1.6kg. Both my boys got weighed two weeks ago and were both 1.55kg.

My Dudley weighs 2.07kg and Daisy 2.3kg!! I think she is overweight and she has dewlap, but she has been this weight all her adult life and currently is on a hay only diet (for another issue) and her weight isnt changing! The last vet I saw said she wasnt overweight and you should go by the individual rabbit, not the specific breed... Daisy was very pleased to hear this :lol:

I think Macie is a muscular girlie with very powerful hind legs - lets just say it wasn't easy getting her in the carrier to go to the vets this morning :lol:

I'm glad to hear that others have not so 'mini' mini lops too :thumb:

mabel is 1.2kg roughly, well thats on my scales may be alittle less seeing as vet scales have put sox at lower weight then i get him at, at home

Back