• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Due to cry, bad bunny day ):

Charmednm

Mama Doe
I was playing with Poppy in her run before i gave her a full clean out and saw a fly or two in her hitch so i promptly checked her over and she was fine no look of fly-strike, so i then quickly went to clean out put i found four flies, three big one baby, and few pupae ): gave the whole thing a good spray down and scub.

During that i found (i think) some damp/mould ): I scraped most of it off and sprayed and scraped that with disinfectant spray.

Ive not even had the hutch a year and it has been stained and had a cover on it all the time when wet ):

Im seriously upset and really cant afford a new hutch that will suit poppy.

But i dont want to be a bad bunny mummy

You dealt with it and checked your bunny was ok. That makes you a good mummy! Could you get some citronella oil and hang up some damp pieces of cotton wool with it on outside the hutch? I've seen a few recommendations on here that it's really good for keeping flies away.

Wretched flies!!! Every Bunny Mummys nightmare!!!

As long as your lass is well, not over weight, and shes clean, and kept clean, flies wont stay.
Citronella is great stuff.Flies HATE it.xx

Ive never heard of that :oops:7Can you explain?:lol:

rear gaurd. its a liquid solution you can only get on prescription from vets you apply it to bunnys back and underside then it dries it will soak into the skin and gives i think 1-3 months (though check with vet for sure!) cover from flystirke as any eggs that are laid will not hatch on bunny thus preventing fly strike it doesnt stop maggots in hutches sadly but all any of us can do it regularly pour boiling water and disinfectant onto "wee/poo " areas such as litter trays and clean them daily xxx

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-pre...rd-c-21_764/rearguard-for-rabbits-25ml-p-1660

I'm glad Poppy is OK, and you've had some good suggestions about how to best protect her. :thumb:

I'm sorry about the hutch - the Ayrshire weather has even caused damp in Spenser's Ryedale hutch, which I think cost about £150 two years ago. We can only do our best.

rear gaurd. its a liquid solution you can only get on prescription from vets you apply it to bunnys back and underside then it dries it will soak into the skin and gives i think 1-3 months (though check with vet for sure!) cover from flystirke as any eggs that are laid will not hatch on bunny thus preventing fly strike it doesnt stop maggots in hutches sadly but all any of us can do it regularly pour boiling water and disinfectant onto "wee/poo " areas such as litter trays and clean them daily xxx

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-pre...rd-c-21_764/rearguard-for-rabbits-25ml-p-1660

Thanks you will get on that asap

I'm glad Poppy is OK, and you've had some good suggestions about how to best protect her. :thumb:

I'm sorry about the hutch - the Ayrshire weather has even caused damp in Spenser's Ryedale hutch, which I think cost about £150 two years ago. We can only do our best.

Yep its the worst :evil: although was an okay day today got so much done out the back and poppy was out for over seven hours :thumb:

Back