• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Savannah (and Travis) update...

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: Sorry it's been a while, things have been a little hectic here! I know many of you followed Savannah's story, and wanted to know how she got on in her new home, so here is a little 2012 update.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who send us get well vibes before Christmas when Savannah was poorly. It was greatly appreciated, and was a difficult and testing time for us. No one likes to see their buns under the weather, especially when we often feel so helpless. Needless to say, she has been fine so far since, and has been up to all sorts of mischief! :roll:

Spring most certainly sprang for Savannah, almost overnight, we went from having a laid back, soppy, food monster who'd follow my OH everywhere, to having a grumpy teenager who only wanted to partake in things that involved destruction! :shock:

Madam's halo most certainly slipped! First the wallpaper appeared to be a little to her distaste, so naturally needed stripping. Fortunately this was quickly nipped in the bud by putting some wooden boards around the papered areas of the tasty parts of the house! No sooner had the wallpaper stripping stopped, then the digging began!

At first, it was just the litter trays - not so bad you'd think - but waking up, and coming home to an empty box, and a room full of hay, poops, and megazorb wasn't so great! :shock: Then this again tailed off, to be replaced instead by digging at the carpet! Out came the wooden boards again, and our living room was transformed into a decking area that even Tichmarsh would be proud of! ;)

The digging has now stopped for the most part, and instead we are tolerating demands for attention in the form of headbutts and having our trousers pulled and nipped at! :shock: She's certainly keeping us on our toes! :angel:

I can only put it down to spring, and her behaviours are calming down now. We have a slight problem with Savannah being hard of hearing (or just ignorant!) so teaching "no" is a little more difficult than it has been with previous buns, but we are getting there slowly. She certainly has selective hearing that's for sure! Travis has been his usual grumpy self lately as he is moulting, which always makes him a bit of a grumpy old man! :lol:

Despite all of the above, they've been keeping me sane lately. With less than 1 month to go now until the wedding, I am welcome to have them as a distraction - even when they're "helping" with things I'm sorting out!

Now that the sun's starting to come back, they've been spending their days in the sunshine in the conservatory most days. Apologies for the photo quality below, I had to take them on my phone, and the sun was in the way! :oops:

DSC00074.jpg
DSC00073.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Thanks for the update, good to hear that Savannah is thriving, even if her behaviour isn't as ladylike as you might like. :lol:

I can't wait to see Fluffers' comment on the exploits of the Lady Savannah. ;):love::lol:

:lol: Savannah does do a very good "Butter wouldn't melt in my very ladylike mouth" impression when she's posing for photo's - She has many people fooled! ;)

But we wouldn't have her any other way, as I say, she keeps us on our toes, and for all her mischief she's full of love and thrives on company and affection. :love:

What a girl she is!:love: The photo of her and Travis together is beautiful, they are just like two peas in a pod.:love::love::love::love:

What a girl she is!:love: The photo of her and Travis together is beautiful, they are just like two peas in a pod.:love::love::love::love:

lol, Travis can usually be found tucked under one of Savannah's ears! :shock: They're quite big compared to Trav, so they make a good fluffy hat! :lol:

It's very rare to not see them snuggled up together, Travis likes his big comfy pillow and Sav just likes to be doted on! :love:

What a wonderful update.....it is good to know that it isn't just Bouncer who thinks it is ok to spread his mess EVERYWHERE!!!

So pleased to see Savanah looking so well and all snuggled up with her husbun :love::love:

I'm back! *rubs head*

Stripping wallpaper? Emptying litter bowls? Clearly Savannah is just being 'helpful' and thinks she should help with the household chores.....;) :lol:

Digging carpets? Well that's her way of 'refreshing' them :roll: *insert halo pic*!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it goes without saying that she can do no wrong in my eyes :love: :love::love: and that whenever you THINK she's being naughty you should question yourselves. You will no doubt just be confused ;) *sniggers*

Savannah is a perfect example of why we need to love our animals unconditionally and that just like people, they can change! How they start out isn't always how they'll end up and we should be prepared for that! A tidy, litter trained bun who has never shown an interest in chewing anything can one day turn into a fully qualified destructobun! Not suggesting that Lady Savannah is at all like this of course *coughs* :oops:

Rabbits can change because they're getting old, because of the weather or seasons, a change of environment, there could be something wrong and of course sometimes we just don't know why and we'll never work it out! Whatever the reason though they still need us to love and care for them. They don't understand things the way we do and certainly don't (appear to) understand 'naughty'! :love:

The photos of Savannah with Travis make my heart melt and bring tears of happiness to my eyes (now typing through them) :love: She was, without doubt, the hardest of all my foster buns to give up but I've never regretted doing so. Just look at the life she has with you :love: I'll never be able to thank you enough for giving her so much :love:

Awww Jen you ol' softie! We've put it down to it being Spring, everybun is different and reacts differently, we still love her all the same, if anything it just adds to her character!

awww :love: look how beautiful and happy she is with her husbun :D

I must admit, she does sound like a cross between my 2. Gypsy the carpet shredder and destroyer of walls and Storm the digger monster :lol: I don't know what their excuses are though, pair of nutters :lol::lol:

Savannah's story has always stuck in my mind and it is so lovely to see her so happy with Travis. The pictures of them together are gorgeous. She so deserves to be this happy with you!

Great to hear about her again, even if she is being a bit naughty!!!

Back