• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezi bun, worried sick plz help

Sugar

New Kit
I have just looked through a health thread & realised that Lucy sneezing is a bad sign. Im extremely worried now. What does this mean? Im assuming i should get her to a vet asap?

Last edited:
Continuous sneezing could be a symptom of a respiratory tract infection, so yes she does need to be examined by a Vet

How long has the sneezing been going on ?

Is it productive, ie does she have a snotty nose ?

Is she eating and toileting as normal and apparently 'well' within herself ?

How old is she and what bedding is she kept on ?

I would get her Vet checked

Also what colour is her discharge, if she has any ?

Has she ever been dental checked ?

She is 4 mths no discharge. Eating & pooin as normal & seems well. I use softwood bedding at the bottom of her litter tray but cover it with a thick layer of hay. Im taking her for a check up as soon as i can get an appt. Waiting on the out of hrs vet calling back

I'm not sure if this is something all rabbits do, but when my bunny is molting he gets all sneezy because his hairs get up his nose! Just something to bear in mind if the vet says nothing is wrong and if she doesn't have any other symptoms (discharge, off food/water, not pooing). If your worried though it might be best to go to the vets to put your mind at ease?

Just bk from the vet who was too busy lecturing me for using an emergency appt to really give me the answers i was looking for :( He gave Lucy some antibiotic & said her teeth etc were fine so ive to go bk in 2 weeks.

What a horrible vet. :(

If you feel your animal is in distress of course you should use an emergency appointment.

Is it baytril you've been given? Is the course for two weeks? That's the best place to start so hopefully it will all clear up. Baytril tastes horrible so some bunnies get very stressed having it by syringe. If you have trouble come back to us for some advice on hiding it. :wave:

Back