• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone ever used electronic rodent reppeller in a house with house buns?

pepsiandcokey

Young Bun
really need to try something different to get rid of a mouse taht has taken up home with me but VERY wary about buying teh electronic repelers as have two house buns.
anyone ever used any electronic devices that were rabbit friendly?

I can't answer about how rabbit friendly they are but I know for sure mice are quite happy living with these so called repellents!! We used to have barns at our old property and of course being in coutryside were full of mice who used to eat all my bird food unless I bought really expensive sealed plastic containers so we put an ultrasound mice repeller on the bench next to the bird food and at least once a week I would go in barn and see a lovely little mouse washing itself sitting slap bang in front of the ultrasonic device:roll: Total waste or money as I had to then buy the sealed containers anyway.

Much as I hate them a old style mouse trap baited with chocolate never fails ( check it as often as you can at least twice daily). If in area where buns will be during the day then only put down at night and remove in morning. I hate them and personally could not remove a corpse but they are truly effective and mice dont like cheese they like sweet chocolate.

They have worked for me but I don't have house buns and wouldn't use them with indoor rabbits. They also won't stop a mouse that has a nest nearby or if they are trapped and only have one source of food, they will just put up with the discomfort in order to survive.

I would suggest a live catch trap, the sort with a see-saw and then relocate them to a few miles away.

They have worked for me but I don't have house buns and wouldn't use them with indoor rabbits. They also won't stop a mouse that has a nest nearby or if they are trapped and only have one source of food, they will just put up with the discomfort in order to survive.

I would suggest a live catch trap, the sort with a see-saw and then relocate them to a few miles away.

thanks everyone
to be honest ive never had any luck with humane traps....at first i wanted to catch the little creature and let him live a fairy tale life in teh woods, but its getting to the point where i cant sleep due to the gnawing/scampering and im constantly worrying about it chewing wiring and causing a fire. i wont put poison down though because pepsi and captain get in EVERYTHING and would definately eat it !

I agree that the sonic ones are useless, apparently the mice have built up a resistance to them.

In my experience, absolutely useless. We've caught not a mouse in these.

I'm afraid it's the pest controller in for me as they are eating me out of house and home and if it's me or the mice, the mice are gone. I'm still waiting for my landlord to get a move on though, after 8 months of living here.

I used both a sonic repeller and a live see-saw trap and one day I forgot to turn the sonic repeller on and on that very night I got two mice in the live trap.

If they have a food source they won't be bothered about the sonic repeller in your rooms as it won't penetrate the floor boards and walls very well. Also if they have a food source they won't need to go into the live traps. If you have no luck, that is probably your problem.

You can't use them with houserabbits it should say on the packet with it being a sonic sound, where my O/H worked they use to sell them. The sound actually repel's the mice and rats so rabbits can hear it as well.

Back