PDA

View Full Version : What on Earth is Going on With the Cost of Dietary Supplements ??

Jack's-Jane
11-03-2012, 07:42 AM
25 x 5g Bio Lapis Sachets = 88 :shock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Protexin-Bio-Lapis-5G-25/dp/B003Y3UMD0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331447944&sr=8-2

Is it me or are the prices of EVERYTHING related to Pet Care rising hugely on an almost weekly basis :?

KarenM
11-03-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't know how much they used to cost but that sounds extortionate. :shock::shock:

I agree and, sadly, it's not just petcare items either. Every time I go to the supermarket, I'm shocked at the prices and some things have gone up by around 50% in the last year or so which is ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the price of petrol........ :evil:

Jack's-Jane
11-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't know how much they used to cost but that sounds extortionate. :shock::shock:

I agree and, sadly, it's not just petcare items either. Every time I go to the supermarket, I'm shocked at the prices and some things have gone up by around 50% in the last year or so which is ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the price of petrol........ :evil:

I know, I am astounded at how people with large families manage to afford the basics :?

Snowberry
11-03-2012, 09:24 AM
I am sure I only paid 1 a sachet for them at my vets.

KarenM
11-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I know, I am astounded at how people with large families manage to afford the basics :?

We're a family of 5 and we've really noticed it. :( I always shopped around anyway but I'm doing it even more so these days and I have to be stricter about picking up things we really need, rather than just buying things because they're a bargain.

SarahP
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I've never understood why Bio Lapis is so expensive compared to the other probiotics. :?

But I think in general it is the extra VAT that is to blame. Grr to the government wot I didn't vote in...

Jack's-Jane
11-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I never actually use Bio Lapis, I was just browsing a Pet Supplies site highlighted in another thread. But all the same I was :shock: at the prices. Even Fibreplex has gone up from about 5 to over 8 (I never use that either !!)

Alibunmum
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM
We're a family of 5 and we've really noticed it. :( I always shopped around anyway but I'm doing it even more so these days and I have to be stricter about picking up things we really need, rather than just buying things because they're a bargain.

As a family of five as well I have to agree. Doesn't seem to matter how hard I try, the weekly shop can't be less than 100 anymore, 150 it's much more likely. I seem to have turned into my gran knowing which supermarkets are doing the washing powder and loo roll offers. I feel bad at having laughed at her!

bunny babe
11-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Animed appear to be the most reasonable at the moment for these things. I paid 18 for pro-fibre pellets at the vets at Christmas, 9.50 including delivery at Animed.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/small-animals/digestion

KarenM
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I seem to have turned into my gran knowing which supermarkets are doing the washing powder and loo roll offers. I feel bad at having laughed at her!

Hahaha, that's me too! :oops::lol: