• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny insurance

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello!

Do you guys have any recommended insurance chaps to go with for our bunnies, Sherlock and Mrs Hudson? Any advice on any typical omissions from insurance cover that I should insist upon being in there etc?

Thank you :)

I insured my bunnies for the first time this week, I went for as cheap as possible, without losing the perks of insurance, and I went with helpucover I'm paying £14.17 for my two, it's worth a look. Perhaps compare what they cover to petplan as petplan seems really popular, but for my two it was £5 more expensive per month with petplan, plus with helpucover I get one month free a year for having 2 bunnies insured with them.

Spenser is with Petplan. I must admit I didn't shop around - think I got a dlyer in with a rabbit magazine just about the time I got Spenser.

I'm with PetPlan. There are lots of threads about insurance as it crops up regularly. Might be worth searching for them.

Im with Pets at Home, Only because our vet for him is in pets at home and you ge a excess deduction if you take him there. and we pay £7 a month for him

ive been thinking of getting insurance for my two (especially with the £80+ I spent at the vets earlier this week:roll:) if anyone has any other suggestions that would be good. Is there a comparison site for pet insurance that anyone knows of? I might have a look and see if i can find one :) x

just trying to get a quote, I dont know what breed Jessie is, she is a lop but thats all I know, I guess I put cross breed who knows???

Most of ours are with Petplan, I'd recommend them. If you take out insurance online it works out a little bit cheaper than if you do it on the phone (I think).

I couldn't recommend Petplan highly enough. Also we took it out through the rescue when we got Ted and Rosie and they get 10% of our monthly premium. In the last month Ted's bills for stasis have topped £1700 and Petplan have settled everything within the week. Most vets also have a direct claim facility with them which means you don't have to pay the vet bill (apart from the excess - ours is £55) they claim from Petplan directly. We pay £23.12 in total a month.

I'm with P@H it's just under £7 a month per rabbit for the lifetime cover. After looking around it was the one that suited my needs

Im with Pets at Home, Only because our vet for him is in pets at home and you ge a excess deduction if you take him there. and we pay £7 a month for him

I looked in to changing from petplan to pets at home as I get this discount, the price was pretty much the same, but I would get a £20 shop voucher with pets at home, I thought they were better until I was speaking to the woman, and with pets at home you are tied in to a years contract, kind of like car insurance, so you would be unable to end the policy early if your rabbit died or you could get a better deal somewhere else. As several of my rabbits are long term foster rabbits who could be rehomed, I stayed with petplan who have been really good about chopping and changing my policies. I have been thinking I need to see if I can find some kind of plan for large groups of rabbits rather than insuring individually though.

Back