• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This hutch sound Ok for 2 piggies ? Opinions wanted please

I'm really not experienced with guinea pigs but so long as they can cope with a ramp I can't see any reason why not. However someone may come along and correct me on this...if that's the case at least I've bumped your thread :D

Thats a really good size for 2 pigs. My 2 are in a 4ft single hutch. It looks pretty good quality to be honest but i havnt got any experience with the brand.

thats fine for 2 piggies, they will struggle with the ramp though. It might be worth buying a cosey tunnel to cover the ramp because it will make it appear less scary to them and reduce the risk of them tumbling of the edge :)

And it could take a while for them to use the ramp lol

It's a good size but in over 20 years of owning piggies, I've never known any of them to like a ramp.

It may be better to try and get a bigger single tier one - I'm sure you could for the same sort of money :thumb:

Thank you for your replies :thumb: I'll make sure everything is piggie capable though to be honest my two are like sherpa's :lol:
They are indoor in a C+C which takes up a LOT of space so I'm looking for a decent hutch which I'll put a run on as well. :)

It's a good size but in over 20 years of owning piggies, I've never known any of them to like a ramp.

It may be better to try and get a bigger single tier one - I'm sure you could for the same sort of money :thumb:

I'll probably split the ramp into 2 sections with a level in between and put sides on . Holly has no fear if there's food at the end of it :) and Rosie just follows her in case she's missing out. :lol:

I'll probably split the ramp into 2 sections with a level in between and put sides on . Holly has no fear if there's food at the end of it :) and Rosie just follows her in case she's missing out. :lol:

Good idea - I've probably always given in too easily with mine but I always panicked too about them hopping over the side :roll:

Let us know how they like it

Good idea - I've probably always given in too easily with mine but I always panicked too about them hopping over the side :roll:

Let us know how they like it

Looks good to me. The piggies will be fine with a ramp as long as you extend it so its really long and therefore not steep and add a little side to help them feel secure. You can also add something to help them grip. My guineas have a ramp to a second level in their playhouse and they are fine with it, infact when cleaned out and excited about the massive amount of fresh hay they race up and down it in excitement, often into each other. :lol:

Back