• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT bonding help

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Jack and daisy have been "dating" for a week now. This has gone well and they seemed very loved up so i decided to try them together. They were in neutral area with hubby being very snuggly while I organised their room. I soaked everything in vinegar including the carpet and left it for a while to dry. When the buns were brought up to their room they were very inquisitive for a while but them started chasing and biti g each other. This never happened in neutral area. I don't know what to do-please help

The area is too big and they have room to say THATS MINE.
Put them in a box.There will be less room for chasing but it will happen as they sort out who is boss.
Let the space get bigger every day.
Hope this helps and good luck!!:wave:

Ok i will try to box off an area. The agression seems to have subsided. Touch wood it stays like this. Poor daisy is wary of jack now. She tried to go into litter tray, realised he was there and did a u turn. What about toys etc? Should these all be taken out today?

no toys and scatter food....its possible the litter tray is too much of a possession...

So what do i do about he litter tray? They are both in the litter tray just now and seem ok together. Goodness, this is stressful!

So what do i do about he litter tray? They are both in the litter tray just now and seem ok together. Goodness, this is stressful!

yes it is!! lol...well, when i bond i dont use the tray.it gives too many chances to be bossy over it!

For the next few days, keep them together but try not to leave them on their own at all.
If there is no violent fighting..its ok.
If they chase,pull fur and hump all this is fine.
It sounds all ok at the moment.xxx

Ok thank you! They are currently in a cage ignoring each other. Such a difference from this morning where they were cuddling in and grooming.

If you can, a car jounrye and then putting them back in the smaller space might help, or going back to the space they were comfortable in.

IMG00521-20120310-1256.jpg

This is them now in a small space and daisy is now licking jack.

Back