• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby - in sickness and in health

SAMMYD

Young Bun
As some of you know, Baby had a bad reaction after her spay and at one point it was touch and go for her.

I'm pleased to announce that she is back binkying and being a cheeky little devil and would show her journey in photo's, to show others that no matter how sick they get, bunnies can be toughies and pull through :D

When we got home after the spay, Baby was the first out of the carrier and scoffed a bit of herb
d7f80674.jpg

She seemed a bit mopey when I went to bed but thought she was just feeling sorry for herself, but when I woke up the next day and saw she was in the same position, I knew something was wrong. She refused herbs and drinks so I decided to take her back to the vet.
cf603182.jpg

The vet gave her more jabs and some recovery food to take home. Operation get well soon started in ernest
f5f36ede.jpg

She remained eating very little, but taking some things in and just seemed to want to sleep, so as she was eating bits, I just went with the flow
fda17fe5.jpg

d9752bbb.jpg

The next day I picked her up for a cuddle because she was still eating a little, drinking as normal and pooing and weeing but she started honking/wheezing and I thought she was dying. I rushed to my vets, but vet was in the middle of an emergency op, I then sped off to the sister vet's and ran in, then started a thread on here. The responses kept me going and I can't thank those people enough :thumb:

We left the vets with paraffin oil because Baby had a blockage and kept fingers crossed that she'd pull through the night

Next day she was still here and we went back to the vet, who then prescribed Baytrill, more paraffin oil and I was still dispensing metacam.

When it got to the point where I couldn't get paraffin oil syringed into her, I knew she was feeling better (enough to run away :p)

I returned to 2nd vets on Monday and the vet gave her the all clear :D Blockage had gone and Baby was starting to look and act more normal (she still had a squinty right eye and seemed to be twitching her front legs strangely I suspected EC but vet seemed confident that it isn't)

Baby is back to binkying now and being a devil (which I love) and its mostly down to her sister Monkey who kindly harassed her into moving around and showed her how to get better. These pics show her getting in the old hay/wee/poo box that I use to empty the litter trays, happily munching away whilst I have to wait to finish doing the trays

b99c7604.jpg

88ca6d6b.jpg

oh :cry: poor baby, she was so poorly. in the second photo you can see it in her little face.

the last two are so important. i'd have been sitting here in floods of tears if you hadn't put those up!

Awh bless her :(! She did look very poorly, I'm glad she pulled through :love: She has cheeky eyes!

Aww poor Baby, you can see in her face she was not a well bunny. But thankfull she pulled through. Well done Baby :wave: :love:

Sounds like your super love and care helped her through her rough time. Glad she is better x

Back