• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby wont leave Rory \UD had to separate

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Okay recently Baby will not leave Rory alone, she's constantly on top of him, and if he tries get away she holds on to the fur as a lot of rabbits do but she's doing it so much he's getting big bald patches on his back (the skin isn't broken), he doesn't seem bothered and otherwise they're fine but I'm just not sure why she's being like this :? Is it 'spring fever' or something? The poor guys going to end up hairless if she carries on, is there anyway I can try put her off?

Last edited:
My mums now saying I'm cruel leaving them together, and that I should separate them :( What should I do?

Is Baby spayed? Can they see/smell other bunnies from where they are?

Yes, and when it first started they couldn't see or smell other rabbits (they were at my grandmas) but she's gone on holiday so they're with me now and will probably be able to hear/smell mine. My trio are absolutely fine

Goodness me, spring fever is in full force on the forum at the moment!
Is it bothering Rory, does he seem stressed by it? Or indeed does she seem stressed by it?
It might be worth giving them a short break from eachother, but keeping them next to eachother so they can still see and smell eacother. Of course that may entail rebonding though :?

Goodness me, spring fever is in full force on the forum at the moment!
Is it bothering Rory, does he seem stressed by it? Or indeed does she seem stressed by it?
It might be worth giving them a short break from eachother, but keeping them next to eachother so they can still see and smell eacother. Of course that may entail rebonding though :?

Yep, I was just about to make this thread and saw a few others on 'spring fever' and suddenly realised it could be the problem

He seems fine, sometimes he tries to run off or push her off but there's no chasing or biting, she seems fine really, not stressed, just regularly getting on top of him :roll: And yes see I could temporarily separate them but I really don't want to break the bond, and if I do there's no room to keep both permanently :(

I've had to separate them :( rorys gone from having a few bald spots with unbroken skin to scabs on his back, they were in a double cage so I've put some thick metal mesh in the hole bit between them so they can still have contact and tried to weigh it down with some tiles temporarily but if they manage to get to each other I'll have to fully block it off :( Not sure what to do now, attempt a rebond later? Or try bond Rory with my three and keep Baby at my grandmas, she's not a house rabbit but she gets tons of attention :/

I've had to separate them :( rorys gone from having a few bald spots with unbroken skin to scabs on his back, they were in a double cage so I've put some thick metal mesh in the hole bit between them so they can still have contact and tried to weigh it down with some tiles temporarily but if they manage to get to each other I'll have to fully block it off :( Not sure what to do now, attempt a rebond later? Or try bond Rory with my three and keep Baby at my grandmas, she's not a house rabbit but she gets tons of attention :/

Aw that's a shame but it's the right thing to do for Rory's sake. Did you say Baby was spayed? If yes, how long ago was it, maybe her hormones haven't settled down yet? I think it would be best to attempt to bond them later so that Baby has a chance of not being a single bun but if that fails try bond Rory with your other 3 providing you have space for a quad group. :)

I'd give it a couple of months and try them together again, its been a really light spring this year and i've had to split a couple of my pairs, i've been letting mine out in groups for exercise and that seems to be keeping the bonds, and hopefully i'll be re-pairing them in the summer (i know the dynamics are different for mine as they're not speyed but i've usually found re-bonding pretty easy)
x

Back