• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter/Poppy bond - Peter very poorly....

steveg

Warren Scout
After Saturday's failed bonding attempt, Peter has barely eaten. He's been at the vets four times, the usual medicines administered.....gut stimulant, pain relief, even an antibiotic, all to no avail.

Barely anything passing through him and he's eaten practically nothing, maybe a tiny piece of apple and a couple of bits of kale.

Anyway, i put it down to shock/stress of the fight(s) during the attempted bond.

Peter has been admitted and is tonight at the surgery with decisions being made in the morning. He's on a drip and is being syringe fed.

It's all terribly sad. We got Poppy to make Peter happy and sadly, it's made him ill.

I may not reply much to this thread as I'm working long hours and have lots to do as you can imagine, but will be reading any suggestions as to what can be wrong.

For the record, he's been drinking lots, far more than usual, eating nothing much at all, which is so unlike him as he normally eats everything going. He passing liquid okay but no pellets, just two or three soft squidgy ones, and that's from Saturday. Vets not sure what's up at this stage, nothing obvious.

They said he has very small spurs in his mouth (he's only a year old) and that this may be the cause and it's just a coincidence the stress of the failed bond.
Anyway, fingers crossed he'll pull through as he's a very loved bunny.

Poppy is fine, no reaction at all.

Thanks for reading. Vibes for Peter please.......thanks, Steve

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. How worrying and stressful this must be for you. :(

Sending lots of vibes, and hoping Peter can pull through. xxx

Loads of vibes for Peter, it's such an awful worry. Ted has been admitted twice with stasis this last month (and the second time we've put down to the stress of a rebond, but like you said it could have just been a coincidence). The first time he was in for 4 days on a drip, IV fluids and metaclop along with the other usual drugs and syringe feeding. He was a good 48 hours before he made any attempt to eat for himself and wasn't pooing either. He pulled through though, don't give up hope. Keep fighting for your bunny. Good luck to you both x

Back