• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

New myxi/VHD vaccination

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
I've heard there is a new myxi/VHD combined vaccine due out this month. Has anyone used it? Is it safe to give it as a combined vaccine? Do you still have to give a myxi jab after 6 months?

yes there have been a few n depth discussions over the new vaccine on the forum, once it is brought out i believe the myxi on ewill be withdrawn at same time

I heard (cant remember where I heard or read about it :roll:) it was this month. Mine are due aswell so wanted to find out about this new one.

My vet said it's available this month. Smoo has just been done and I will be trying the new one in six months time.

If the separate myxo is being withdrawn, does that mean there will just be one vaccine per year that covers myxo and VHD for 12 months?

If the separate myxo is being withdrawn, does that mean there will just be one vaccine per year that covers myxo and VHD for 12 months?

Yes, that's the idea. My vet said it's been thoroughly tested and if says it's good I trust it. :)

I spoke to my vet about it this week and she said they werent sure what date they were getting it in and they had questions about it which still hadnt been answered yet but she didnt say what they were

Back