• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies are getting a wendy house :)

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone

My bunnies are currently indoors, but in the summer we hope to move them into a wendy house/run set up (assuming this is the best time to get them used to the outdoors??)

We have just moved house you see so have a much larger garden so plenty of room for bunnies (and chickens - the OH will be building their home).

Anyway we found a wendy house on freecycle - I havent seen pics but Im told its a nice size 5ft deep/high - needs a new roof and windows but apart from that, just needs to be assembled. My OH has sourced some felt for the roof.

We plan to build a permanent run attached to it. I thought I might add pictures of the progress on here, beginning with when we actually pick it up (gotta borrow a trailer).

I have seen some lovely wendy house set ups before ;) think I might try and copy a few if any of you have any suggestions?

I have a couple of questions relating to position of the house. I want to be able to see it quite easily from the house so the plan is to have it next to the existing shed (which will become chicken house), is it ok to have the buns in close proximity to chickens? They wouldnt share runs but would be close? Also, I noticed a few rabbit holes around there, is this going to be an issue when I move my 'pampered' bunnies in, will they frighten the wildies/ vice versa?

xxxx

When my buns go out on their 'patio' (only in good weather and when I'm around) they are a few feet from my free-range area for my chooks (well only one poor chook left now) their houses are far apart, but can't see there is any problem being near? I'd never let the buns walk in the chicken **** though! I have a runnaround 8ft tunnel leading from the playhouse to a big run with 24/7 access (except in freezing weather) they love it!

Back