• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who dont care about their rabbits :(

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
I recently noticed on Facebook that one of my school friends (who I havent actually spoken to in about 5 yrs) had a couple of bunnies, she was posting a few pics up. Anyway obviously I commented and said how cute they were, about 1 week later I noticed she had put a status up and said who wants this :censored: rabbit, drving me mad - along those lines. Turns out from reading further that one had actually escaped from the hutch, after a fox had tried to get in :( she had to get the bunny from next door as he had obviously fled in fright. Luckily both bunnies were unharmed but it was such a 'hassle' for her! Both bunnies I might add are unneutered and boy/girl, i have warned her there will be bunny babies before long if she doesnt take them for neuturing - i did it a nice way tho. Today I see a status offering both bunnies for adoption/ for sale, they need to be rehomed by next saturday apparently. Oh and she has just bought herself a new dog. It really angers me that as soon as they become even a slight 'hassle' she has decided to get rid. Probably for the best in the long run as she clearly doesnt care that much about them, I just dont understand it tho!!
Sorry just had to rant and hope that you all agree with me that this kind of behaviour is just so irresponsible. :censored:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of people at work who have rabbits and don't care as well :( Far as I can tell, one is looked after but not wanted.. the other is biting as they don't spend time with it yet expect it to allow to be picked up and cuddled. This one is also a dental bunny but she has said she doesn't care! It makes me so mad!

There are a couple of people at work who have rabbits and don't care as well :( Far as I can tell, one is looked after but not wanted.. the other is biting as they don't spend time with it yet expect it to allow to be picked up and cuddled. This one is also a dental bunny but she has said she doesn't care! It makes me so mad!

:( heartbreaking isnt it x

Its really sad :cry: Someone i know has 2 fluffy rabbits who they cant afford to feed so they are free ranging in their garden, they were bought for their young daughter who has lost interest, they should never have bought them in the first place :(

I'm fairly new to bunnies but I have read a lot about "dental bunnies" but sadly I don't know too much about that yet. Is this a common ailment that it is of such detriment to the rabbit that it lives an entirely miserable life? The woman in question should probably be reported if that's the case. Filth! Pfft.

I'm fairly new to bunnies but I have read a lot about "dental bunnies" but sadly I don't know too much about that yet. Is this a common ailment that it is of such detriment to the rabbit that it lives an entirely miserable life? The woman in question should probably be reported if that's the case. Filth! Pfft.

No, with good treatment, a respectful and vigilant owner and knowing your bunny, they can live a happy life with management. I have many dental bunnies here and all are happy for the most part. It is a painful condition that will eventually kill a bunny if the owner is neglectful though, which is where this falls, I guess.

Out of interest, how common are "dental bunnies"? As in is it very likely that most buns will develop problems at some point in their lives? Or is it not as common as that?

Out of interest, how common are "dental bunnies"? As in is it very likely that most buns will develop problems at some point in their lives? Or is it not as common as that?

Most bunnies have spurs to some degree, but not all will become dental bunnies. The likelihood of a bunny needing dental increases as they get older, also they are more likely to need dentals if they are on a poor diet or have a genetic history of dental issues. Also something else seems to play a part but it's not known what because, according to something Marie said recently, the lower right side have a disproportionately higher amount of issues than the lower left side. Marie said she did not know why this was.

No, with good treatment, a respectful and vigilant owner and knowing your bunny, they can live a happy life with management. I have many dental bunnies here and all are happy for the most part. It is a painful condition that will eventually kill a bunny if the owner is neglectful though, which is where this falls, I guess.

Interesting. Thank you for the information. I would say that as the woman is aware of the condition (she must be since her attitude is allegedly she doesn't care) then she is causing unnecessary suffering to her bunny. This is against the law. It's also sickening!

Interesting. Thank you for the information. I would say that as the woman is aware of the condition (she must be since her attitude is allegedly she doesn't care) then she is causing unnecessary suffering to her bunny. This is against the law. It's also sickening!

I agree, it's horrific :(

I would love to send her a copy of the Animal Welfare Act and highlight the relevant sections ... gosh. The power... the power!

Most bunnies have spurs to some degree, but not all will become dental bunnies. The likelihood of a bunny needing dental increases as they get older, also they are more likely to need dentals if they are on a poor diet or have a genetic history of dental issues. Also something else seems to play a part but it's not known what because, according to something Marie said recently, the lower right side have a disproportionately higher amount of issues than the lower left side. Marie said she did not know why this was.

That's interesting. Thanks for that!

My older sister is sadly one of these people :cry:
she thinks im daft in the head but she doesnt get it she think my rabbits especially amy is a big grumpy stubborn ***** :cry:
she got a rabbit the same time i got dec while i stay in the uk and did my course in animal mamangement she fked off to canada
she came back 2 weeks ago and is luckly going again next saturday shes been gone a year during the last year i transformed decs housing got him neutered and got him a girlfriend i am very pleased with myself and wanted to show my sister how her bunny could have a better life but she couldnt care she did feel a bit sorry for him but still doesnt think neutering will help which it would alot!!!
shes just one of them people who likes an animal gets it then fks off not long later :cry:
i feel bad for her bun but at least hes got good housing lots of toys and gets lots of attention from me too
sorry just felt like i had to get that off my chest :(

Back