• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel bad...

Damo

Warren Scout
:(

Yesterday we got the rabbit some floor vinyl, easier to clean for us and cleaner for him so hes not licking carpet

But when he runs around he cant now.. He just slides everywhere and i feel bad :(

Need some advice, is it ok for him?

Thanks
Damo

He will get used to it. When I first got Fudge he wouldnt go into the shed at all because of the floor but now he skips in and out. You could try putting some newspaper down on it for him

Give him time, he might he used to it. Or if not, could you get a cheap mat to put on it so he can hop about on it?

:wave:A bit of a compromise really because I know you don't want carpet, but have you any old bits of carpet that you could throw away when they get too dirty, just to lay on top. Some other posters might have better ideas. Do you have a house bunny, or is he out in his own run?

He's a house bunny

He's fine on it in general, Just when he goes mad and binks everywhere he does lap in his pen/cage and it just slipping on the vinyl.

And i don't have any of cuts of carpet.

He does life it because Hay is now scattered in his pen, so everynow and then he has a munch and walks on... We couldnt do this on the carpet cause the hay just stuck to the carpet.

Thanks
Damo

He's a house bunny

He's fine on it in general, Just when he goes mad and binks everywhere he does lap in his pen/cage and it just slipping on the vinyl.

And i don't have any of cuts of carpet.

He does life it because Hay is now scattered in his pen, so everynow and then he has a munch and walks on... We couldnt do this on the carpet cause the hay just stuck to the carpet.

Thanks
Damo

Well, I would just give him a bit more time then, just to see if he can get used to the different feel of it. We have some vinyl in our conservatory and Twinkle is fine on it.

Well he are going to extend his pen tonight.. As you can see atm 4 the pen is enclosed, but we are going to have it going along the wall so we can use the 4 gates to make it long instead of using it as a square.

IMAG0124-1.jpg

Hope he does get used to it :(

If you go to a carpet shop they sometimes sell cheap off cuts and just put them down over the vinyl, or mats that's what we do as it gives them somewhere comfortable to sit as well as stopping them sliding on it.

Well thats what we got yesterday was cut of but of vinyl, so he can now have hay in pen and easier for us to clean on a daily basis

Do you know if it is non slip vinyl?

Perhaps get some thin rubber matting and lay over the top? Or alternatively we have cheap door mats from the pound shop over the vinyl in the bun-house :thumb:

Back