• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leave When Neutered

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Have any off you taken leave to be with your Rabbit when they have been neutered? i have got some extra day set by for it but wondered if i was being silly or should i take the time to make shure she is ok and be there fore her x

I booked Macie in for her spay during my week of annual leave so I could make sure she was recovering well from the procedure. I'm glad I did plus follow-up vet appointments would be tricky to fit in around 8am til 6pm shifts.

I hope all goes well with Whiskey's spay, she's a lovely looking bunny :love:

I booked mine in for a Friday so I knew I'd have weekend with her, I think especially with girls its a much bigger procedure and it takes them a bit longer to get over it.

not silly at all. I've taken days off work with a sick bunny. Luckily my manager was really understanding :love:

Yep, I took a weeks annual and thank god I did. Dunno whether Baby would have pulled through if she'd have been on her own when the compications set in

I work from home, but I did make a few alterations to my schedule to suit Spenser. If I had a more conventional job I would definitely take Annual Leave if Spenser was having a planned op.

The day Spenser was neutered last year I drank 15 mugs of very strong tea. :oops:

I arrange ops for when I am not going to be on-call overnight, if I can. Obviously, if they are emergency ops I can't do that but if I had to I could take a bun to work with me (not allowed but no-one would know).

My day job is pretty flexible so I can work from home or pop home every hour if I have a bun recovering. I have found that they get more stressed if I keep checking on them so I try and force myself to allow them to sleep. When Apple had her eye op last week she was much happier with Bumble and Cherry than she was when I was hovering over her. She just wanted to snuggle up and rest so I left her to it but was in the house just in case.

I hate leaving a bun at the vet and then having to go to work. I find I can't concentrate. I am lucky that the Manager of my day job knows how important my fur family are and is very understanding if I need to take time off to be with them.

I'm still at school but I think it's a great idea especially with the females, my girl was really groggy after her spay and I hated having to leave her through the day

Back