• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rang the vets in tears.Update...

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Although I groom Roland, Ive missed a bit round his neck.
Grooming him today, Ive had to cut some off.There is a bit left but its pulling on his skin and Im reluctant to continue.
God, I feel ****.He was such a good boy...he always is when hes being groomed.
Hes just got the hugest mane.:cry:

Last edited:
Don't be hard on yourself. It's so difficult sometimes to get everything right. I'm kicking myself as well at the moment because I've missed something with Twinkle:cry:

I know Roland will forgive you. That's the lovely thing with pets:love: -they forgive us everything because the know we are trying to do our best.

You've done your very best and Roland will thank you for that. We have an appointment at 4.45 today:( Twinkle is a good boy at the vets but he really doesn't like it. Hope all goes well with Roland tomorrow.

You've done your very best and Roland will thank you for that. We have an appointment at 4.45 today:( Twinkle is a good boy at the vets but he really doesn't like it. Hope all goes well with Roland tomorrow.

You too with Twinks.xxx

Thanks for reply.xx

I found a huge matted bit in Spenser's mane last week - I'm sure most folk with lionheads have at one time or other been caught out. Normally Spenser hates being brushed or combed, but he was really good over this - I expect it was a relief to get the matt out.

Best wishes to Roland for tomorrow. :wave:

Hope Roland gets on ok at the vets. Don't be angry with yourself, we all can miss things sometimes xx

It is a horrible feeling to think you have let them down but you haven't really. You found the knots and you are having them sorted. To me that is a success.

I brought Millie in today because she was covered in tufts of loose hair and I wanted to groom her. I was checking her scent glands and found a massive mat on the underside of her tail. It was about an inch square. Its been far too long since she had a really good check over and I feel awful. :(

Don't worry about it. My vet always has to shave Smoo. She can't reach some bits and gets so stressed when I groom there so sometimes it gets very matted. Nothing a small shave won't fix, and rabbits don't care what they look like, just what they feel like. :D

My two lionheads both had knots in their manes that I hadn't noticed, I trimmed Violets off but Roos is tighter so I'm working on it day by day. My longhaired cat Homer always gets awful knots around his armpits where he walks and it rubs. Don't feel bad about it, it happens, it's not the end of the world and it doesn't make you a bad person at all. Unfortunately long fur gets matted easily.

Blue gets matts in his man pants sometimes....I check him every day but it still happens.
Please don't worry yourself too much...like someone else said...you'd only be a bad Mummy if you did nothing :wave:
You's an awesomes Mummy :love:

Saw Ian.Was expecting to see a nurse.
He took a good look at Roland...nothing.No matt.:?
I felt such a fool.
Mustve got most of it out and Mrs did the rest.
A few dead hairs, a suggestion of perhaps a different comb, and that was it.

And free.:D

How I love my vet:love::love::love:,plus...He makes me feel like Im not too bad a bunny mummy after all...:D
Just a Worry Guts.:roll:

Back