• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could Twinkle have some get well vibes please? U/D8

basirascal

Mama Doe
We have another appointment with the vet this afternoon at 4.45. His poorly eye is not clearing up (after the removal of a 'Tick' from the corner of his eyelid) and he is losing weight:(. He's eating well and using his litter tray as normal, but we have noticed that he has started nipping us over the past 2 days (not like him at all) and last night he was scratching and biting the step by our conservatory door constantly (again not like him at all). I really hope there are no teeth issues going on (they were fine when we had them checked 4 weeks ago -no problems at all:?). Obviously something is wrong though -perhaps just his eye annoying him/infection? -but nevertheless, it needs further investigation. So we would so grateful of any spare vibes, thank you.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Twinkle, hope he gets on ok at the vets. Let us know how he gets on.

It looks like this may be more complicated than we originally thought:( There is no obvious sign that any of the 'Tick' remains in Twinkle's eyelid but there may be a possible infection. Our vet has put a small amount of dye in his eye but there was no sign of it passing through to his nostril, therefore she will go ahead with Nasolcrimal Duct flushing if the antibiotic drops she has prescribed have had no effect within 6 days. They are out of stock at the vet for these tonight, so we cannot start on them until tomorrow:( Apparently, there is no alternative.
If this fails she has suggested that although his teeth look fine there could be a problem with the root, which will obviously need further investigation. So it's a matter of waiting now. I will probably update on the health section from now on, if the problem does not clear up. Thanks everyone for the vibes for Twinkle. xx

I'm sorry the problem is looking more serious than we hoped. The vet may recommend a skull x-ray if root trouble is suspected. Spenser had one while he was under GA for his neuter.

Back