• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is this behaviour? *VIDEO INCLUDED*

caringck

Young Bun
Hi,
Check out my Pingu and Bunoo behaving strange.. both are 4-5 months old bucks..

IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THEM NEUTERED??

FOR NOW, I JUST GAVE THEM FOOD AND BANGED THEIR CAGE WHICH MADE THEM STOP BEHAVING LIKE THIS..
IS THIS WHAT WE CALL FIGHTING?? MY PINGU IS VERY AGGRESSIVE AS CAN BE SEEN.. HE IS ALWAYS ON TO GRUMP AND ATTACK..

Id say trying to show dominance.
Believe me. its not fighting.That is awful.Go on youtube and search fighting.
You really DONT want these two to fight.There will be serious wounds.Maybe death.
Separate them, get them done and rebond.Thats my advice.
Another thought, banging on the cage isnt really a good thing to do.Thats really scary to them.
Lovely boys.xxx

thats chasing, nipping and mounting, all dominance behaviour, which is all normal bunny behaviour.

However, un-neutered males at 4-5 months should be ready for neutering and that behaviour could VERY easily turn into a fight and they could cause MAJOR injuries to each other. Personally, i'd contact yuor vet today and arrange for pre-neuter checkups and book them in.

In the mean time, be ready to seperate them into seperate accomodation if fighting does commence (full on lock on with teeth, circling, which i saw a little of and rolling whilst locked on).

circling.. circling was going on a few minutes ago but it was like one tried to attack/mount/jump towards the other and the other one jumped here and their in the cage to save himself .. :| .. I am getting them neutered maybe day after tomorrow.. and guys.. A vet near me told me that now therres an injection also that settles rabbits.. he told me that a client of him had a male female pair.. they used to sex a lot.. he injected them both and now they both are calm.... :| .. He also gave me address of the client but I didn't visit her.. :| .. IS THIS INJECTION THING REALLY SOMETHING??

If u can please check vid @ 0:24.. or 0:23.. isn't that a fighting symbol :|

I didn't see anything at 0:23/24 - just go on what we've said :)

And no, the injection is not an alternative to it, but for certain medical conditions, its possible to have a hormone injection to die it down, but it would need doing occasionally. Unless your vet is talking about chemical castration, which is not something that's done in the UK.

I assume you are in another country based upon your typing style and wording, so rabbit knowledge may not be your vets speciality :(

That's not fighting.... yet. Keep a close eye on them and be prepared to separate if it does turn into fighting.

Get them neutered ASAP. Since they are boys it's not a big operation :)

Guys i noticed them again.. When the bigger bun (the one that is trying to show dominance) tries to mount over the smaller bun, the smaller bun attacks him with his paws and then makes noises and even sneezes.. it seems like sneezes.. and even liquid comes out of his mouth.. Is this common

You asked for advice, you have been advised to separate until after neuter, I would do this asap or the buns could seriously injure each other.

okay so what i have decided is that i am giving away my other bun( the one being harrased) to someone.. a frnd of mine.. I have no rabbit special vets here who will neuter my bunnies.. so this is my final decison.. . My bunoo will live alone. :) .. he sleeps whole day time.. so he ll sleep as is and i come back at 2-3 pm.. then he ll be out of his cage to play ! :D

Back