• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG!! I have baby rabbits in my bra

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
I was helping my friend do the veg patch and her lil terrier dug up a nest of bunnies:(
She got one, but I have the others and the only place I could keep them warm was in my bra:shock:
I have just cycled 2 miles with a squirming bosom:shock:
Fortunately the lovely people at Secret World are coming to collect them soon, but in the meantime I have to go see to my goats and lock the birds up before fox o'clock. The nice man at Secret World told me to keep them where they are if they are nice and warm whilst I go out. I hope I don't meet anyone:lol::lol:

I'd say a snugglesafe under a nest made from a fluffy towel would be just as good for keeping them warm and probably less stressful. I hope they dont die from shock. What is going to happen to the other one your friend has?

I'd say a snugglesafe under a nest made from a fluffy towel would be just as good for keeping them warm and probably less stressful. I hope they dont die from shock. What is going to happen to the other one your friend has?

i think she means the dog got 1:cry:

i think she means the dog got 1:cry:

Yes sadly the dog did get one :( and destroyed the nursery stop and nest. No way would mum come back to that.
I couldn't do a snuggle safe as I was 2 miles away from home at the time, and the Bra warmer is a trick I learned for reviving chilled chicks.
They have been collected, and I was told that as they never got chilled they are sure they will be fine :D
Good luck little bunnies:love::love::love:

Yes sadly the dog did get one :( and destroyed the nursery stop and nest. No way would mum come back to that.
I couldn't do a snuggle safe as I was 2 miles away from home at the time, and the Bra warmer is a trick I learned for reviving chilled chicks.
They have been collected, and I was told that as they never got chilled they are sure they will be fine :D
Good luck little bunnies:love::love::love:

Well done and what a wonderful idea to keep them warm! I hope they're okay. :)

Well done and what a wonderful idea to keep them warm! I hope they're okay. :)
The man for Secret World was very confident they would do just fine (and I know from past experience that they will tell you if they think it's touch and go) so they are in the best place.
Fortunately for the bunnies I don't have much else to put in a bra as I have boob 'issues' shall we say:lol:, so they was a handy little space just big enough for 3 little buns. That and my vest tied in a knot in case of slippage and 3 jumpers and a wax jacket, they were kept toasty warm and snug. :love:

That would of been quite the bike ride if they would of tried to nurse.:lol: What a smart idea and lucky bunnies that you were there.

Well done for doing what you did, you saved their lives, no other way about it.

Secret World are awesome, i'm still yet to visit, even though they are only a 15 minute drive from where i live, but they do amazing work, as Farplace said, if anyone can save them, they can.

:love:

Showing good initiative there :thumb: :lol:

Hopefully they will be ok, I feel sorry for the person who has to rear them; no sleep for a while. :lol:

Well done for saving them :D

Another good reason for having had them in your bra is the comfort of hearing your heartbeat. Lying beside mum and feeding from mum would have meant hearing her heartbeat so you have recreated a familiar noise for them. Most babies including humans are comforted by a heartbeat and that combined with the warmth will ensure they have a good start.

Back