• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

house bunny aggression

aima indigo

New Kit
hiya
i have a question about my house bunny.. he was a rescue,he is neutered but he is still super aggressive when you go to put food in his house..he has been living in a loving home he gets to hop around and seems happy and relaxed otherwise.but if you put your hand in his house with the food bowl he lunges at you and charges/grunts and can even bite! also he goes for a wee in his toilet in his house but when out of his house will go to the toilet everywhere...any advice as i have been tryinhg to to litter train him since we got him as i want him to be roaming free 24/7 like my other bunny.any advice on both issues would be super appreciated!!

The behaviour when he's in his house is totally normal.

Even the friendliest most loved bunny needs his own personal space and his cage is his burrow. You should be careful to avoid intruding there while he's "home", either get quicker at putting the bowl down or feed him in an open area :)

As for the pooping all over outside of his cage, do you have other litter trays available to him? If the poo's are particularly scattered around he's probably claiming it all as his territory!

really?? ok thanks!!!!..thing is my other bunny isnt aggressive even when feeding..hes always lovely.... and as for littering its the fact he wees outside his home and i didnt think after you neutered them they had territory issues? my other bunny roams totally free and only returns to his home to use litter tray and eat..this one just wees everywhere!!!

He might be able to smell your other bunny and leavin his scent as a dominance think I'm not sure

He might be able to smell your other bunny and leavin his scent as a dominance think I'm not sure

This!

Do they both get to free roam in the same area just at different times? They'll both be marking it. Although territoriality and lots of other behaviours are reduced by neutering, they don't necessarily go entirely, marking territory against another "warren" is just normal to all bunnies, :)

sadly they both have different rooms i bought him to bond with my male as this bunny was sold to me as a female..but is a male..tried to bond them but my older bunny just attacks so havnt been able to bond them either..!!! disaster..i wanted a happy bunny family!!!!:cry:

Back