• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed female being aggressive

lauraj27

Warren Scout
Hi there,

I had Cleo spayed about three weeks ago after she kept dry humping her sister, however, ever since Cleo has been quite aggressive to both my partner and I. Today she went completely insane when the postman knocked, headbutted every part of her indoor pen, escaped and then confronted our other house bun who was in a pen in a separate room. Luckily no one has been hurt. We haven't even been able to get her back with her sister.

I know it can take 6-8 weeks for the hormones to die down, but she seems to have become more hormonal since her spay rather than less.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apparently they often get worse before they get better, the hormones are more unbalanced than ever in the 6-8week period after spaying before eventually settling down.

Sounds more like she was simply scared when the postman knocked and wanted to find somewhere to hide? Does her pen have somewhere for her to take refuge from noises/you/etc? Maybe she's feeling a bit exposed.

Back