• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Rupert and Duke please - U/D post 16

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
It's not looking good for either Rupert or Duke, Rupert had a op yesterday to remove a huge abcess that had spread from his jaw, down his neck and on to his shoulder, at 11 years old I really don't think that he will come through this, little Duke goes in to the vets tomorrow to have his teeth removed and his jaw excavated, a very big op for an 8 year old bunny, not a good time

Last edited:
Sending both your boys trillions of 'healing' vibes and hope little Duke pulls through his op tomorrow.
My 10 year old buns had his front teeth removed last year (abscess in lower tooth) and, following a few really rough months (during which time I wondered if I had done the right thing by him) he did recover very well, considering he's so old. Hope they are both on the road to recovery soon and thinking of you at such a worrying time. xxx

Thank you for all your thoughts for the boys

Duke underwent his operation today and he was on the table for two and a quarter hours, he had 4 teeth removed as well as having his jaw excavated, the abcess was drained and he has stitches on the inside and outside

The lumps at the bottom of the teeth are bits of his jaw

Dukesteeth036x2.jpg

Duke has come hope and is doing OK, he is very quiet and has had a drink on his own, he will need a lot of intensive nursing

Rupert had his op on Tuesday and is doung quite well, I am draining the abcess every day and treating him accordingly, he is eating, weeing and poo'ing on his own, he is also grooming although still a little quiet

Thank you for your thoughts for these two special little boys, it really is appreciated

Ow!!! Poor little guy. I hope he has lots of pain relief, sounds like a really nasty procedure for him. I have no doubt you are doing a great job for them both Theo. Sending recovery vibes for them both xx

Back