• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

**urgent** abandoned bunny finds new home!!!!

Loog

Warren Scout
Hi all :wave:

Bouncer's Mummy and Daddy here............a work colleague has approached Lee today to ask if we knew anyone who wanted to adopt an abandoned bunny. He was found in Sutton Coldfield Park in a box with hay and food :cry: Lee's colleague's girlfriend works for the vets where he has been handed in. If he hasn't got a home in a week, then they suspect it will go to the RSPCA which are over flowing with rabbits and it may not be a happy ending :cry:

The little chap is a young male named Harvey (approximately 3-4 years old), white albino, lion head cross, red eyes, and is about 1 foot long when stretched out relaxing. He is friendly and likes being handled. His nails and teeth are in good shape. It appears as though he has been well looked after up until now. He hasn't been neutered.

Harvey.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......if you are a rescue or an individual who can help this bunny, please PM us and we will pass your contact details onto the vets where he is being looked after on a temporary basis.

Harvey is currently being looked after by

New Hall Veterinary Centre
215a Walmley Rd
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
B76 2PP

0121 313 1919

Thank you, Sian, Lee, Holly and Bouncer :love:

Last edited:
Not even sure if the RSPCA would take him :cry:

I do hope someone can help this little chap. Sounds like he's a nice bunny who just needs somebun to love :love:

Might be worth adding your location to the title xx

Bouncer's Mummy and Daddy here............a work colleague has approached Lee today to ask if we knew anyone who wanted to adopt an abandoned bunny. He was found in Sutton Coldfield Park in a box with hay and food:cry: Lee's colleague's girlfriend works for the vets where he has been handed in. If he hasn't got a home in a week, then they suspect it will go to the RSPCA which are over flowing with rabbits and it may not be a happy ending :cry:

The little chap is a young male (approximately 2 - 3 years old), white albino, red eyes, uppy ears (described as Rex type ears) and is about 1 foot long when stretched out. He is friendly and likes being handled. His nails and teeth are in good shape. It appears as though he has been well looked after up until now. He hasn't been neutered.

Lee's colleague is going to try and get a photo and that will be posted as soon as we have it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......if you are a rescue or an individual who can help this bunny, please PM us and we will pass your contact details onto the vets where he is being looked after on a temporary basis.

Sian can the person who works at the vets..or anyone else, keep him for about 3 weeks? if so they we'll take him..just can't do this before end of March

We also have a space if required at the end of the month in Manchester. If before transport will need to be arranged to Huddersfield.

Please email rehome@greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk

If help is needed now- the space in Huddersfield is available immediately providing an RU transport run can be arranged or help can be provided transporting at your end.

Last edited:
Unless you haven't already, it's definitely worth contacting fat fluffs in Solihull, walsall rspca and hopper haven in Redditch. I unfortunately can't look after him for any length of time, but I could act as a half way house for a night. I'm in Worcester.

I also might be able to help out with a bunny run, depends where it is :)

:wave: :D WOW!!!! Thank you all for your kind offers....will find out from the vets tomorrow if they can keep him for a while longer and let you know.

We also have a space if required at the end of the month in Manchester. If before transport will need to be arranged to Huddersfield.

Please email rehome@greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk

If help is needed now- the space in Huddersfield is available immediately providing an RU transport run can be arranged or help can be provided transporting at your end.

when our shed is fully bleached we could take him. Is sutton coalfield near mansfield? Let me know jane. His name worries me slightly after our poor Harvey!

What a little darling.:love::love:

Here's hoping that he finds a wonderful home very soon. It is sounding very positive.:thumb::thumb:

when our shed is fully bleached we could take him. Is sutton coalfield near mansfield? Let me know jane. His name worries me slightly after our poor Harvey!

Thanks Samantha- i'll let you know if anyone contacts me regarding this bunny :)

Yes huge worry to me- and his coloring etc!

Harvey is struggling at the moment sadly. I'm staying with him through the night. Our vets said if he doesn't improve in the next 24 hours it's unlikely he will, which is really bad news. Our vet nurse explained to the vet that we will take him on as a special needs bunny and get him a cart if necessary or whatever it takes to help him. I had tears in my eyes this evening leaving the vets at the thought of putting him to sleep in that time frame. He is such a love and still has a fighting spirit despite being disorientated. I really hope he pulls through this!

~Jane

So pleased to see there are some possible offers of help for the Spenser lookalike. :love:

Edit - just rereap OP and seen Harvey is friendly and likes being handled. Spenser is sometimes friendly but never likes being handled. :roll: Really, really hope this wee lad gets a rescue place that can help him to a forever home. xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Samantha- i'll let you know if anyone contacts me regarding this bunny :)

Yes huge worry to me- and his coloring etc!

Harvey is struggling at the moment sadly. I'm staying with him through the night. Our vets said if he doesn't improve in the next 24 hours it's unlikely he will, which is really bad news. Our vet nurse explained to the vet that we will take him on as a special needs bunny and get him a cart if necessary or whatever it takes to help him. I had tears in my eyes this evening leaving the vets at the thought of putting him to sleep in that time frame. He is such a love and still has a fighting spirit despite being disorientated. I really hope he pulls through this!

~Jane

aaah he must be so confused...I do hope he recovers...sending vibes for little Harvey!

Hello dear sweet little Harvey.:love::love:

Sending you loads of get better soon wishes. Fingers, toes and paws crossed for you sweetheart.:thumb:

Bouncer's Mummy and Daddy here............a work colleague has approached Lee today to ask if we knew anyone who wanted to adopt an abandoned bunny. He was found in Sutton Coldfield Park in a box with hay and food :cry: Lee's colleague's girlfriend works for the vets where he has been handed in. If he hasn't got a home in a week, then they suspect it will go to the RSPCA which are over flowing with rabbits and it may not be a happy ending :cry:

The little chap is a young male named Harvey (approximately 3-4 years old), white albino, lion head cross, red eyes, and is about 1 foot long when stretched out relaxing. He is friendly and likes being handled. His nails and teeth are in good shape. It appears as though he has been well looked after up until now. He hasn't been neutered.

Harvey.jpg

Harvey is currently being looked after by

New Hall Veterinary Centre
215a Walmley Rd
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
B76 2PP

0121 313 1919

Have you tried Fat Fluffs in Solihull. Not sure if they have space but would be worth a try as probably is the closest rescue!?

Back