• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bad tempered!

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
sootie was castrated about 2 months ago now, since his op he has become really bad tempered and attacks everything and everyone! no ones hande on even feet are safe! he was never like this before his op and the only reason i got him "fixed" was because i wanted him to have a little girlie friend (which i thought was the right thig to do), could he be like this as a result of his castration or is it because he can smell Lola? she is kept indoors as she is only 16 weeks old and i am in the process if getting her spayed. do you think he might calm down once he has her with him? sorry for all the questions but he is just getting worse:(

Hormones take about 6-8 weeks to settle after neuting! so if he is 2 months post op, he should start calming down soon! x

I wouldn't worry too much. Does he live indoors too? Could be he can smell Lola and is getting frustrated/annoyed that she is in "his" territory. Hopefully once his hormones have settled and Lola is spayed he will calm down. Will they eventually be bonded?

If he is being aggressive towards everything then maybe changing your clothes so you don't smell of Lola will help? Sitting with him and giving him nose rubs will help calm him but obviously he may give you a nip/scratch at first until he realises your there to reassure him. Is he ok in himself? Eating, pooing, drinking? Perhaps he is in pain which could be causing his aggression?

I wouldn't worry too much. Does he live indoors too? Could be he can smell Lola and is getting frustrated/annoyed that she is in "his" territory. Hopefully once his hormones have settled and Lola is spayed he will calm down. Will they eventually be bonded?

If he is being aggressive towards everything then maybe changing your clothes so you don't smell of Lola will help? Sitting with him and giving him nose rubs will help calm him but obviously he may give you a nip/scratch at first until he realises your there to reassure him. Is he ok in himself? Eating, pooing, drinking? Perhaps he is in pain which could be causing his aggression?

no he lives out doors in the shed, i put her in the new run and let him run in the garden and he spends the whole time running up to her and running away almost teasing her thn goes and lays by her until she gets bored and moves
they will defo be bonded hopefully she will be spayed in roughly 2 weeks

i always change my jumper so he can never smell her on me, he isnt to bad with me but he is with my mum and sister who are covered in bite marks and scratches as i said he was never like this before he was neutered :(

he is absolutly fine in himself eating, drinking and pooing al normally, i have had him checked at the vets and they have said he is perfectly healthy

Hmm, he could still be hormonal as emmiie mentioned it takes a while for them to calm down. Is he most aggressive when he is in his hutch? I have a neutered boy who often growls and charges me, especially if I go near his litter tray. :roll: I would see if he calms down once his hormones calm down and he is bonded. It could be frustration at being separated from Lola, it sounds like he quite likes her already if he is laying down next to her hutch :) I hope he calms down after being bonded, for now perhaps only you should go near him to avoid injuries :lol:

Hmm, he could still be hormonal as emmiie mentioned it takes a while for them to calm down. Is he most aggressive when he is in his hutch? I have a neutered boy who often growls and charges me, especially if I go near his litter tray. :roll: I would see if he calms down once his hormones calm down and he is bonded. It could be frustration at being separated from Lola, it sounds like he quite likes her already if he is laying down next to her hutch :) I hope he calms down after being bonded, for now perhaps only you should go near him to avoid injuries :lol:

yea when you try and let him out of his hutch or get his food bowl :roll:
i just found loads of dur pulled out and a massvie scab on his side looks like he has been biting himself so mayb this is the cause of the aggression, feel really bad havent felt it before now :oops:
he :love: lol and she :love: him already as soon as they are able they will defo be together :)

Back