• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbit Died Yesterday :(

Loppy2

Warren Scout
Hi
My rabbit Loppy died yesterday due to tummy twisting. We did all we could, take him to the vets...give him medication. the vets recommened a rabbit specilsist about 20 mins away, on the way loppy was in the carrier and couldnt move much, he jumped onto my arms nuzzled and kissed me then jumped in the carrier and started making weired 'arrrr' noises. i was really scared, and then he just flopped and i couldnt tell if he was breathing or not because of the car going up and down. we arrrived at the vets and the vet came out and said hes dead :( he was only a year and a half ,and he was my first pet :( im really sad, and he had a rabbit friend poppy, and poppy is a bit confused. we let poppy see him while he was lying there:( we have buried him in his favourite spot in the garden with his favourtie toys.
im really sad and i dont no how to cope??? :( please help xxxxx

R.I.P Loppy Leo James...sucha young bun :( 4.09.2010-5.03.2012 :'(

I am sorry you lost Loppy. Unfortunately, once they become ill, rabbits can go downhill very quickly.
Sleep peacefully Loppy.

Oh I am so sorry, its always dificult to lose any pet but especially in such a traumatic way, at least he knew you were holding him and looking after him. It will get easier as time goes on, its just soooo painful at the moment, but if we love these little fellas then they are always bound to break our hearts one day.
Sleep tight little fella.

thankyou for the support X x X
do you think poppy will be okay? because she is always out side with loppy and she keeps going near his grave :(

binky free loppy <3

She at least saw that he had gone, so it might have registered, but she is bound to be missing him and grieving for him. I would let her have a little while to get ovet it & then maybe look into getting her a new partner if you want. Just give her lote os extra loves and cuddles, maybe put a soft toy in with her so she still has something to cuddle.

thankyou for the support X x X
do you think poppy will be okay? because she is always out side with loppy and she keeps going near his grave :(

binky free loppy <3

Personally, I would approach a Rescue for another neutered bunny to bond with Poppy (many rescues will bond for you) as, although it is a difficult decision to make to get another, bunnies are usually so much happier in pairs.

okay thankyou..
apprently im at home today cos im ill and sad, and apprently my mate said people were taking the mik :'(

Thats their loss, they probably have the opinion "its only a rabbit".... people are just ignorant. Pay no notice, and tell your friend she should be sticking up for you, not upsetting you.

I'm so sorry you lost Loppy. :( Many people don't take rabbits seriously, but everyone on here does, so we will do out best to offer support.

Although you are still grieving it will probably help Poppy if you look into getting her another friend, ideally a neutered rescue bunny. In the meantime see if spending extra time with Poppy helps you both.

Thinking of you at this sad time. xxx

I'm so sorry. :cry:

Try not to listen to other people, you can talk all day on here about him and no one will mind. We get it.

xx

I am so so sorry you lost Loppy.

Don't take any notice of anyone making you feel bad about being upset. When I lost Basil, it took me ages to get over it and I still miss him so much.

RIP Loppy x

Im so sorry...:cry:

Ignore what people are saying...they dont have experience of loving an animal and having such a bond with them ....you obviously love them very very much and thats all that matters...big hugs xxxx

Back