• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The vet said she is stressed....

chul

Staff member
20120303_142341.jpg

20120303_121415.jpg

20120303_121401.jpg

20120303_121409.jpg

Looks it! :roll: :lol::lol: :love:

She's a beautiful cat. :love: I do love tabbies!:D

Did the vet say it's probably overgrooming?

Is she feeling threatened by the other cats? She was there first and it must be extremely stressful for a cat to suddenly share her space with two more cats, especially if they're indoor pusskins, as they can't "escape" when they want to.
My mum's cat, Solomon's behaviour changed dramatically when he let the two black cats move in (and that was 100% his decision as they were strays). He became grumpy and aggressive, but that's settled now they've all accepted each other. Solomon is top cat, and has never had Red or Yellow vying for his spot in the household. I can imagine there would be a huge problem if one did decide they wanted to be top cat.

Poppy, our cat who we rehomed recently thanks to the lovely Fluffers' on here, overgrooms herself. We've not yet had her a month, so I'm putting it down to the stress of moving and having a completely different family dynamic than at her old house where she was a farm cat. She still curls up in a ball when she sleep, stretches her entire body, comes looking for strokes and purrs like mad, but does overgroom sometimes. The vet isn't concerned yet, but if she carries it on over a prolonged period then we'll need to have another think.

She's a beautiful cat. :love: I do love tabbies!:D

Did the vet say it's probably overgrooming?

Is she feeling threatened by the other cats? She was there first and it must be extremely stressful for a cat to suddenly share her space with two more cats, especially if they're indoor pusskins, as they can't "escape" when they want to.
My mum's cat, Solomon's behaviour changed dramatically when he let the two black cats move in (and that was 100% his decision as they were strays). He became grumpy and aggressive, but that's settled now they've all accepted each other. Solomon is top cat, and has never had Red or Yellow vying for his spot in the household. I can imagine there would be a huge problem if one did decide they wanted to be top cat.

Poppy, our cat who we rehomed recently thanks to the lovely Fluffers' on here, overgrooms herself. We've not yet had her a month, so I'm putting it down to the stress of moving and having a completely different family dynamic than at her old house where she was a farm cat. She still curls up in a ball when she sleep, stretches her entire body, comes looking for strokes and purrs like mad, but does overgroom sometimes. The vet isn't concerned yet, but if she carries it on over a prolonged period then we'll need to have another think.

She has overgroomed but it isnt through feeling threatened. She loves Minnie and everyone is ok with Mia now. She did it before once and that was before we had either of the others. the vet wasnt worried about it and Miggy is perfectly fine in herself.

Could it be boredom? Or as someone else said, the stress of having to share her space. Would you consider letting them out, maybe cat proofing your garden?

Could it be boredom? Or as someone else said, the stress of having to share her space. Would you consider letting them out, maybe cat proofing your garden?

I wondered this too. Could she be picking up on your stress do you think?

Re the other cats do you have lots of seperate litter trays and feeding/ sleeping spaces to that they can get away from each other? Your house is about the same size as mine and my three all have seperate places they go to be by themselves. That said China who is the most bothered by the others does go outside. Would that be an option?

No - they will not being going outside as I cannot get a cat flap, there are lots of cats around, and we are near to a main road.

I wondered this too. Could she be picking up on your stress do you think?

Re the other cats do you have lots of seperate litter trays and feeding/ sleeping spaces to that they can get away from each other? Your house is about the same size as mine and my three all have seperate places they go to be by themselves. That said China who is the most bothered by the others does go outside. Would that be an option?

I think she may be picking up on my feelings, as she has only done it once before too. They can all get away from eachother just fine, they all decide where they want to sleep at night. Miggy always sleeps on her own in the living room now, where as she used to be shut in with us at night.

She is more cuddley recently and non stop purring when she is near me.

Yup, I had one when we first got Mia. It didn't appear to do anything for any of them :lol:

Doh!!

If it helps the alien isnt 100% litter trained and often poos next to the tray and last night pooed on a chair - swap ya :lol:

Back