• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are anyone elses' buns grumpy in the morning?

Alleycat

Alpha Buck
Couldn't sleep last night so decided to head to work early, and before that an early feed for the buns...

I turned on the light in the living room, and all I heard was a growl from the sofa - I go over to see King stretching and yawning, and when I tried for a noserub he growled again and turned his back to me... I put the food in the food tray, turned off the light and toddled quietly off...

I opened the door to the study, expecting Sharik to come bounding out at me, but after another stretch and yawn later, I though a bit of petting would be appropriate, but I got the trademark hissing/honking combo before she slithered into her hideaway. Again, I was left without bunny love, left the food and wandered off :lol:

This was about 4:30am and they normally get fed at 6....

Sounds like they were not amused at being woken up early :lol::lol:

The few times when Ive had to wake mine up early theyve been abit twitchy aswell. Mimi flat out refuses to get up :roll::lol:

I think maybe I should stamp my feet at the rabbits when they wake me up early in the morning :lol:

Mine love breakfast between about 6 and 7.30am.
Anything after that and I interrupt their morning snooze and they look a bit disgruntled about having to come down to get their breakfast (bed is the top of the hutch in their enclosures!). Sometimes Daisy-Boo doesn't come down as she's too comfy, so I put the food on top of the hutch for her so she can have breakfast in bed. Lazy bunsters!

Back