• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Honey :o( U/D been to vets, result!! :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday morning Olly and Honey were having their regular zooming around session before breakfast, and Olly came zooming out of their room at exactly the same time as Honey came zooming out of the spare room. They had a head on collision :( I was watching from the bathroom and heard the bang as they bashed into each other :( Olly was fine and carried on, but Honey seemed a but shellshocked for a minute. After that she carried on as normal, eating, playing etc, but last night I noticed her eye was a bit weepy.
This morning it was still weepy and now it seems worse, it looks sore and she's half closing it :( if it's no better in the morning I will take her to the vets. But do you think the collision could have caused it or will it be something else? Poor Honey bunny :(

Last edited:
Awe.......poor bunnies. That must of really been a shock for them. Maybe a whisker poked her in the eye? It is probably a good idea to get her vet check especially if she was shell shocked and her eye is bothering her still. Rabbits are a danger to themselves sometimes with all that zooming that they do. I was watch 2 wildies from the window last evening. They were jumping around in my front yard when one took off across the street. The other was right behind. The first one just suddenly stopped quick and stood up on 2 feet. He/she must of heard something. The one behind crashed into his back and knocked him down. I hope that Honey is okay.

Aww poor honey, we've had a few head on collisions, they normally get dazed then get on with their business.

Vibes for her :love:

Well Honey's eye wasn't getting any better so we've just been to the vets. Such a traumatic experience for all of us! :( had to wait for half an hour with 3 dogs :( but the vet checked her pupils and both were the same, which was good. Then she put a dye in her eye which would show any surface damage, and again it was fine :) then she spotted something and got a cotton bud, and got a tiny splinter of hay out of the corner of Honey's eye! So hopefully that was the problem and now she'll be fine :D she's had a metacam injection too so should feel ok again soon :D

Back