• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like a jinx on my foster bunnies :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
It never seems to go right for them. (by 'right' I don't mean in a bad home or anything, I'm very careful about that, I mean like with a friend, for example).

I don't know what I can do to make it better.

I'm sure that its nothing that you are doing, I'm sure you are great with them. Its prob just a run of bad luck and they will be back on track in no time :)

*hugs* You do an amazing job with them, they clearly feel too loved and dont want to ever leave!

You have saved butterfly from PTS, given him a wonderful life with you where he could recover and feel happy and safe, I know that because he clearly loves you very very much. You have helped Snowy recover from sore teeth and stabilised her weight and she too is now a happy healthy bun who's muscle tone is improving so she can lead a normal bunny life. You've given her love and cuddles and all the herbs she can eat, she will never ever forget all that. Just because it turns out she is a bit pushy, maybe she just wants people cuddles instead, she is a very people bunny. Butterfly can now have a friend, and hopefully a home, thanks to everything you've done. You have made these foster bunnies very happy, I dont think you could have done anything better than that.

Thanks. That's very generous.

It's not just Butters and Snowy though. Looking back at all my foster bunnies, right now, there is only one who is still alive that has friend/s and exactly the kind of life he deserved (not saying the others have bad lives or anything because I don't believe any of them do, but they don't have friends which is often one of my reasons for rehoming- because the idea is that a foster goes when s/he can have more in a home than I can give here which is normally more space and a friend). It took his adopted family a little while to get there but they have got there.

I'm not on as much of a downer about it today, thankfully. At the end of the day, none of them are suffering and that is what is most important. I'm sure most of them are happy, even if it wasn't the life I dreamed they would have.

Back