• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Insurance

Damo

Warren Scout
Hi

Has anyone ever used P@H pet insurance? We are about to get cover for Patches and its £7.56 a month for lifetime guarantee cover so just wondering if thats a good price, and if there insurance is actually anygood?

Thanks
Damo

I don't know anything about their insurance other than I think the limit you can claim is lower than Petplan (£1500 compared to £2000 per policy year per condition). I would have always thought £1500 sounded plenty but in the last month we've had bills of just over £1700 for Ted's stasis and they pay claims very quickly. We pay £23.12 total for Ted and Rosie, per month.

Well the one thing that put me of with PetPlan is that they dont cover dental injury/illness... From what ive been reading they've updated there policy lately so anyone insuring now no longer gets that benefit..

But i may be wrong.

I don't know anything about their insurance other than I think the limit you can claim is lower than Petplan (£1500 compared to £2000 per policy year per condition). I would have always thought £1500 sounded plenty but in the last month we've had bills of just over £1700 for Ted's stasis and they pay claims very quickly. We pay £23.12 total for Ted and Rosie, per month.

After reading this I am now going to invest in pet insurance for my two!!!

I didn't realise P@H did rabbit insurance - thought the only option was PetPlan. I'll be needing to insure Boris when his free month's insurance from RSPCA runs out, so have had a look at both. P@H excess is £20 more, but the policy is cheaper, so I think I'll take the risk and go for the lower premium - esp if what you say about not covering dental problems is true!

I've only ever had to make a couple of claims and that was Gregory and his teeth - totalled around £1500 I think. Still don't think I've paid that much in premiums for both rabbits yet. Insurance is def the way to go if you're rubbish at saving!

Has anyone every claimed through P@H? I've always found claiming through PP easy as my vets do it for me.

After reading this I am now going to invest in pet insurance for my two!!!

:thumb: I'd never be without it now to be honest. I suppose you have it hoping you'll never need it (and we never have for Rosie, fingers crossed) but we've claimed well over £2k since we've had Ted, and have paid about £330 for his insurance.

:thumb: I'd never be without it now to be honest. I suppose you have it hoping you'll never need it (and we never have for Rosie, fingers crossed) but we've claimed well over £2k since we've had Ted, and have paid about £330 for his insurance.

Yeh I've managed to find some good insurance for my two bunnies, £14.10 a month for both :) low excess (IMO, £45) and everything else seems good about it too :) not going to start paying for it until I actually have my second bun here with me though just in case things fall through with getting her (highly unlikely, but waiting a week before I set up insurance doesn't bother me too much!). Glad I saw this thread! Never thought bunny vet fees could be so much, maybe thought if they got a physical injury and needed surgery it might be £200ish and meds for other ailments might be £20-80 depending on time-course meds are needed for, how wrong was I!

I'd say the same as Martlou, our vet's bills for Fay will be near enough £1300 - she hadnt really been ill in all the time we had her before this, so you never know when you may feel glad that you had insurance. Ours is through Petplan and they have been very good at paying promptly.

I have insurance with P@H for all 4 of mine, I'm putting in my 1st claim later on today for a bout of stasis the bill for 2 days at the vets plus medicine for an extra 3 days was £170.

Back