• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day 2 of bonding! PIC HEAVY

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
I think it's going well! We're had no mounting or chasing and only 1 nip. They were more interested in the new surroundings than each other for a while but then we had some grooming. Daisy was amazing and groomed Jack's head. He loved it and has a groovy hair do now! He wasn't quite as keen to reciprocate the grooming lol! typical boy! Here's some pics:
P3040039.jpg
P3040041.jpg
P3040042.jpg
P3040043.jpg
P3040046.jpg
P3040047.jpg
P3040048.jpg
P3040049.jpg
P3040050.jpg
P3040051.jpg

What a gorgeous couple, it looks as though it is going really, really well! Are they related and do they look as alike in real life as they do in these photos?

They're not related, surprisingly. Hubby got Jack for me from a pet shop after our bridge bunny Pip passed away :( He was a single bunny until we saw Daisy on SSPCA website and she looked identical to Jack. We went to see her, fell in love with her and brought her home that day. Daisy is bigger than Jack and has lighter ears.

P.S. How long do we continue in the neutral area? They spent about half an hour today. At the moment they have cages side by side in the same room. Whats the best way to introduce them into this area once they are bonded? Just use vinegar?

Yes, vinegar to neutralise the area and all bowls, litter trays etc. Then just monitor them closely.

Ok, thank you! I think, I'll keep on with the neutral area until the weekend, building up time and maybe get their room all ready on Sat/Sun. Would it be ok to PM you if I need some advice?

Back