• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Help.. Bunoo and Pingu..

caringck

Young Bun
Hi.
I have 2 male un-neuterd bunnies.. Pingu and Bunoo.
Bunoo is like 20-25 days elder to pingu.. When we first got a companion for bunoo ( coz he was lonely) , he humped over pingu too much but then stopped.. And then daily he does it 2-3 times.. Sometimes pingu tries to run away or just let bunoo do whatever he wants to.. Both are not neutered as of now coz they are not fighting atleast.. Pingu is very aggresive but doesn't fight with bunoo.. pingu attacks me but never bunoo.. if he does attack bunoo, thats in case that hes scared.. and then 90% of the times bunoo ignores it... Can this thing go on? is this all normal?
P.S- I will get them neutered very soon.. may be like in 1-2 months.. I am just scared that my Bunoo is very disciplined and litter trained by birth.. he poos and pees only in his cage or goes out to poo.. but Pingu poos off with freedom ( as if he owns the house :p )

How old are they?

It sounds like things are escalating, and soon there will be fighting. The problem is that if they do get into a fight, they could seriously damage each other, which not only would be dangerous but also would mean that they may not ever be friends again, even after they are neutered.

It is normal behaviour in unneutered rabbits yes, which is why unneutered males should not be kept together. If Pingu has started attacking Bunoo you need to get them neutered very quickly - this week, or you need to separate them and not allow them to meet again until at least 8 weeks after they have both been neutered.

Neutering will also help litter training.

Males can usually be done at about 12 weeks of age. I would get Them both done the moment they re old enough. If they do have a fight it is likely to be very serious.

Serious stuff.Please neuter when you can and then rebond 6 weeks after the ops.Keep separate till then.xx

The OP is, I believe, in India, so neutering is an unlikely option.

I'm very sorry caringck, but I think you need to separate them and keep them apart.

Back