• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Boris please

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
He ate breakfast fine. I went up to my room and he didn't come running, knew something was wrong. Found him lied out in his pen, wouldn't get up or come to me. He's streching and lying out very uncomfotably, the worst I've seen. Refusing food/hasn't drank or poo'd. At one point he streched out and rolled completely over and he wee'd when he did this. Keeps lying in places he never does. I monitered him for a bit and tried everything to get him to eat, he hasn't. So my dad rang the vet, he had to push to speak to the actual vet, but once the vet rang back she knew it was an emergency and said bring him to the bridlington practice as soon as. Just setting off now, this is very not like Boris so very scary. :cry:

oh liz :( sending massive vibes to you and boris. you know where i am if you need me, i know im far away but im here if you need to vent or a virtual hug xxx

Thankyou everyone. Thankyou for your PM shell,sorry I haven't replied. On iPod at the moment so a bit difficult to type etc. I was really pleased with the vet, she was straight away telling me the dangers of stasis and explaining it. Checked his teeth, they're fine and had a good feel of his tummy which was full of gas, he's heavily molting at the moment so we can that could possibly have something to do with it. He was given fluids, pain killer and gut stimulant and I have some critical care. It was about a 40 min drive back from vets so about 20 mins after being back he ate a few pellets, he's since had a teeny drink. He's no longer streching out and has moved about normally and had a little play with his tunnel and a snuggle with me but has been sat about a little hunched looking miserable. Vet asked me to ring back tomorrow between 9-9.30am to let her know how he's doing, if he's still 'iffy' then he can go back in. xx

Thankyou everyone. Thankyou for your PM shell,sorry I haven't replied. On iPod at the moment so a bit difficult to type etc. I was really pleased with the vet, she was straight away telling me the dangers of stasis and explaining it. Checked his teeth, they're fine and had a good feel of his tummy which was full of gas, he's heavily molting at the moment so we can that could possibly have something to do with it. He was given fluids, pain killer and gut stimulant and I have some critical care. It was about a 40 min drive back from vets so about 20 mins after being back he ate a few pellets, he's since had a teeny drink. He's no longer streching out and has moved about normally and had a little play with his tunnel and a snuggle with me but has been sat about a little hunched looking miserable. Vet asked me to ring back tomorrow between 9-9.30am to let her know how he's doing, if he's still 'iffy' then he can go back in. xx

glad to hear he has at least had a little bit of improvement. he may still be feeling a bit 'gassy' so thats why he is hunched. sending vibes that he continues to improve xxxx

bella: now come on boris, enough worrying your mummeh xxx

Big vibes for Boris. I feel for you, I have had exactly the same problem today with my Casper. After his metacam and gut stimulant, touch wood, he seems to be picking up and is eating again now!

They are such a worry!

Back