• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost my big beautiful girl Simone this evening

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
She was four years old and went off her food tuesday night (she was still pooing a little), i took her to the vets on Wednesday, they checked her blood glucose which was 12.6 (high) and and indication of a partial blockage they gave her some gut stimulant and asked me to come back on Thursday. She took no food overnight even when i syringed it to her she just let it drip out of her mouth. On Thursday morning i took her back and they did a dental on her only one long tooth found and no spikes. That evening she took a syring of food but thats all. Then this morning she had deteriated and they thought it might be a blockage but the ultrasound only showed gas. She went it for abdominal surgery this morning and i visited her at about 3.30ish she looked drowsy but could hold her chin up.
Then the vet phoned at 6.30pm and said she had got worse and could i come in. She was in the same position as she was earlier but was really lithargic and bp was very low.The fight in her eyes had gone and i decided to help her to the bridge. The vet said that she had gone after a couple of ml's. I love and miss my baby so much i will put a tribute to her in rainbow bridge as soon as i can.:cry:

Sleep Tight Sweetheart.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, I am so sorry :cry:
Sleep well Simone bunny.

(Hoppingbinky, thank you also for the biscuits... just realised I had been so tired & forgetful I forgot to thank you and open them.)

what a horrific state of affairs.....you went through so much AND then lost her.

At least she went quietly into the dark night........and onto the bridge where so many of us have left our bunnies so far this month.

I am so so sorry......my heart goes out to you xxx

Back