• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Dreams

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
When I have to do revision I often lay on the floor so my bunny feels as though he's getting attention, unfortunately he has a tendency to lay across anything I am doing and fall asleep! He has also been known to pick up and throw my phone, to then lay down in the place it was previously! So cheeky!

IMG_1050.jpg

After this photo was taken I managed to gently push him off of my revision, he woke a bit but was so knackered he just fell right back asleep and then started dreaming!!! I thought he was having a fit at first, his face was twitching and he was making little squeals and loud grunts, and occasionally kicking his back legs out! I soon noticed the resemblance to my dog when he's dreaming and realised he was just having a vivid bunny dream! I had never seen him doing this before, and have never since! This is the position he was in dreaming (talk about a revision distraction!!!):

IMG_1051.jpg

Do anyone else's bunnies dream and do they do it regularly or is this a rarity?

Last edited:
I'm sure she does, but I've only seen her sleep a handful of times, and never twitch.

Photobucket (or a similar site) is the best way to post photos on here. That Skydrive link asked for a hotmail login to view it.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos

Thanks for your help! I just went to create a photobucket account and it said my requested username was already taken, which is unusual as it contained my birthday, and it turns out it's taken because I already have an account from when I was a teenager! So photos are going to be nice and easy to add now!

Ive never seen my bunnies sleep.......:(

Mine more often than not sleeps with his eyes open, but I can tell he's asleep because he breathes differently, his nose stops twitching for most of the time and although his eyes are open they're a little bit droopy and not wide-open. Also when he's sleeping with his eyes open he'll ignore me when I try to get his attention, unlike when he's awake when he is often fascinated as to why I'm waving at him and will get up to come and see why :p He rarely sleeps with his eyes shut, but I do catch him doing so now and again, usually when I'm laying on the floor with him though

He looks very peaceful - and whiskery :love: :love:

What's his name?

He is quite whiskery actually, I've never really noticed before!

He's called Harvey. I took him to meet another rabbit today for the first time, I was expecting it to take a few different matches to find a good match, but he was a perfect gentleman and both bunnies were totally relaxed around each other, comfortable enough to have washes, lay down (the girl even completely flopped out!) and Harvey even gave her a little lick, which was nice! So soon he will have a girlfriend too (named Lilly) :) so excited!!!!

He is quite whiskery actually, I've never really noticed before!

He's called Harvey. I took him to meet another rabbit today for the first time, I was expecting it to take a few different matches to find a good match, but he was a perfect gentleman and both bunnies were totally relaxed around each other, comfortable enough to have washes, lay down (the girl even completely flopped out!) and Harvey even gave her a little lick, which was nice! So soon he will have a girlfriend too (named Lilly) :) so excited!!!!
How lovely!

My rabbit, Ada, is a Rex and they have short thin whiskers, so most other bunnies look extra whiskery to me : )

How lovely!

My rabbit, Ada, is a Rex and they have short thin whiskers, so most other bunnies look extra whiskery to me : )

Ooo I love Rex's fur! If todays bunny-date hadn't gone well I was thinking about trying to find a Rex rabbit, maybe if I ever get a third! (although I reckon I'd have to find lots more space to be able to house 3 :( )

I know this is an old thread but I was sat watching the bunnies last night and they both had dreams, so thought it was an appropriate story under this heading. Harvey was tooth puring in his sleep and Lilly terrified me :( she was twitching and grinding her teeth super loud and as if she was in pain :( I was so panicky thinking she was in agony from her spay earlier yday :( but then she woke up and yawned like nothing had happened, hopped off, washed and ate so I'm thinking she was just dreaming of something painful :roll: she'll never know how much her little dream frightened me!!!! Tooth grinding is a scary noise to hear coming from any bun!

Back