• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Miss is a thug!!

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
She has been like a guard dog over BB.He has had a sore paw...non weight bearing so cage time and metacam prescribed.
So much better...if I could get near him!! She growls and runs at me!!
She sometimes forgets im Enemy Number One and has a lovely noserub..pushing hard against my fingers...

Shes been here since Jan 7th.
And gotten worse.I dont mind, really.But Id rather she didnt do this.
Any suggestions????

What a character! When I have fosters who behave in a similar way I put on a decent pair of gloves, rub them in their litter tray and then hand feed them while kneeling. They tend to charge in scary fashion and leap as they snatch the food away. I make sure that a lot of their pellets and veg are hand fed every day and slowly the charging stops. Then you can dispense with the gloves and keep going. It then changes to them running happily to see you just in case you might have something tasty to lunch which is a much better state of affairs. I hope you can find a solution that works for you both.:love:

She knows her own mind! I'd keep hand feeding her then and try and re program her brain about what it means when you go up to her. Either that our throw a bunch of herbs far away from BB to distract her while you grab him and RUN!:lol:

She knows her own mind! I'd keep hand feeding her then and try and re program her brain about what it means when you go up to her. Either that our throw a bunch of herbs far away from BB to distract her while you grab him and RUN!:lol:

omg yvette bluebell did this everytime the lasdt few months before bertie died. She thought i was hurting him medicating him PLUS shes territorial and bertie was her man only.

id say go with the herbs!!:lol:

I would say it's likely anxiety based if there are no health issues, so carry on helping her feel safe and secure and it should ease. Don't expect too much of her though because it's taken some of mine two years plus to lose their anxiety from their past. At the end of the day, as long as they are happy, that's the important thing :)

I would say it's likely anxiety based if there are no health issues, so carry on helping her feel safe and secure and it should ease. Don't expect too much of her though because it's taken some of mine two years plus to lose their anxiety from their past. At the end of the day, as long as they are happy, that's the important thing :)

Its almost as if she doesnt trust me.I let her and BB do their bunny thing, then I remind her that Im here and its like she says Woah!! I forgot about you...
She will let me do a noserub, then is on her guard again.
They are both happy together, a wonderful bond.I pmed you about it...
It will take time, I know nothing about her past.But she eats really well and is healthy.The rest will come when shes comfy with her new home,Im sure.xx

She doesn't have a reason to trust you yet because everyone she has ever known so far has let her down and she has been moved from (not counting the rescue obviously, but in her eyes she still got settled and then was moved). She doesn't yet know she is there to stay. The more reliable and calm you are, the more you are there, the more you show her you can be trusted, the better it will be for her. Don't be frustrated or hurt by her actions; if you have to be frustrated, be frustrated with those from her past.

Back