• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy pig :) when will she give birth? *pic of her too*

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Here's little Daisy outside munching on the grass :) she will be roughly 8 weeks pregnant this weekend we think :roll:
Im so excited but she is so young to have babies, she's only a baby herself :roll:

the vets said on wednesday that she should pop in a week or 2 :? hmm what do you guys think?

they did an ultrasound and could see heart beats, also could feel 2 babies :)

Piggies1stMarch025.jpg

this was her belly 5 days ago......

P1070507.jpg

Last edited:
She's lovely. To a non-piggy person it is almost incredible that they can get pregnant so young. Baby piggies are amazing, with all their fur on already. Will she build a nest when it is near her time?

She's lovely. To a non-piggy person it is almost incredible that they can get pregnant so young. Baby piggies are amazing, with all their fur on already. Will she build a nest when it is near her time?

thank you, no i dont think pigggies make a nest they just pop them out lol, im getting so bored of waiting and we only found out for sure she was pregnant on wednesday, guinea pig pregnancies are so so long :shock:

They look really huge when theyre due...almost as though they would pop if they look behind them:shock: Did the ultrasound show how many she was having?

They look really huge when theyre due...almost as though they would pop if they look behind them:shock: Did the ultrasound show how many she was having?

oh :? she should be having 2, she should be 8 weeks pregnant this sunday as thats how long we've had her and that was the last time she was in contact with any males. she got impregnated by her brother. im just wondering maybe she wont be that big as she is a baby herself :? the vets said she will be probably giving birth next weekend or the week after... but i really dont know :? we can feel the babies and her nipples are getting longer. we have another appointment for the wednesday coming with the same vet so he can see how long she has left till they are born etc... i am really confused, on the internet all the pregnant piggies look huge!!! :shock:

oh :? she should be having 2, she should be 8 weeks pregnant this sunday as thats how long we've had her and that was the last time she was in contact with any males. she got impregnated by her brother. im just wondering maybe she wont be that big as she is a baby herself :? the vets said she will be probably giving birth next weekend or the week after... but i really dont know :? we can feel the babies and her nipples are getting longer. we have another appointment for the wednesday coming with the same vet so he can see how long she has left till they are born etc... i am really confused, on the internet all the pregnant piggies look huge!!! :shock:

I hope she has more than two as they will be smaller, if she goes the full 72 days she may struggle to give birth if the babies are too big. I will see if I can find a picture of our piggie before she had her litter. She may be different though because she is young and maybe the babies will be small:D

I hope she has more than two as they will be smaller, if she goes the full 72 days she may struggle to give birth if the babies are too big. I will see if I can find a picture of our piggie before she had her litter. She may be different though because she is young and maybe the babies will be small:D

they could only feel two but you never know she could of tucked one away, I saw on the internet that they can have young as early as 59 days???, how many weeks would you say she looks from the pics I took? thank you Helen that would be great :) I just hope the babies are born safe and healthy, we are keeping the babies anyway :D

I will try and take some more pics of her in a min :)

Try not to worry they seem to do quite well without too much input and you have had her checked over by a vet as well so I'm sure it will be fine. Heres ruby before she had her babies years ago.
sept20102003.jpg
sept20102005.jpg
I'm not proud to say it now but I used to let them have babies every now and again if a friend wanted some. Only if I knew the babies were going to good homes and then I kept the rest. I had 16 at one point and loved them. Ruby was one of the last ones and this was her last litter:cry: I dont know when she will have them...but your vet will monitor her..try not to worry too much:wave:

wow she is quite big :shock:

how many did she have? and do you still have Ruby? and how many weeks was she in these pics?

sorry for all the questions :oops:

She had four the next day:love: No Ruby died last year, she was my last one out of 16 :( I haven't got lots of experience as we only had a few litters, go by what your vet tells you...they know what theyre doing:D

She had four the next day:love: No Ruby died last year, she was my last one out of 16 :( I haven't got lots of experience as we only had a few litters, go by what your vet tells you...they know what theyre doing:D

wow four :shock:, I think Daisy wont get too big if she only has 2. Im so sorry for your loss :cry: I had to have my Twiglet (piggie) pts back in december, he had been ill for a while, he had cataracts in both eyes, in his left eye he was completely blind :cry: he was suffering from impaction and a bit of arthritis, we did all we could to help him, he was on metacam to try and make him feel better, but one day I opened the shed to see him collapsed, really skinny and the side he had been led on presumably all night was flat as if he was run over :cry: was dreadful, rushed him to the vets, did'nt bother going to school that morning, I cuddled him and did not let go, we put him on the vets table and he kept trying to walk and kept rolling over, the vets said it appears to them that he had a bleed to his brain :cry: he was put to sleep, I was with him the whole time :love: he was 6 yrs old would be 7 now :( he had a great life

wow four :shock:, I think Daisy wont get too big if she only has 2. Im so sorry for your loss :cry: I had to have my Twiglet (piggie) pts back in december, he had been ill for a while, he had cataracts in both eyes, in his left eye he was completely blind :cry: he was suffering from impaction and a bit of arthritis, we did all we could to help him, he was on metacam to try and make him feel better, but one day I opened the shed to see him collapsed, really skinny and the side he had been led on presumably all night was flat as if he was run over :cry: was dreadful, rushed him to the vets, did'nt bother going to school that morning, I cuddled him and did not let go, we put him on the vets table and he kept trying to walk and kept rolling over, the vets said it appears to them that he had a bleed to his brain :cry: he was put to sleep, I was with him the whole time :love: he was 6 yrs old would be 7 now :( he had a great life

We loved having them, the kids grew up with them as I had them before they were born and my eldest is 12 1/2 now:D Sorry about Twiglet:( Try not to worry about Daisy, Im sure she will be fine:D

We loved having them, the kids grew up with them as I had them before they were born and my eldest is 12 1/2 now:D Sorry about Twiglet:( Try not to worry about Daisy, Im sure she will be fine:D

I love guinea pigs :) Im 15 and unlike other people my age I'd rather spend my money on my rabbits and guinea pigs than alcohol and courgettes, Im not saying all people do it but many at my school do :shock: guinea pigs are great to grow up with, they are so friendly :) thank you, im so excited, wish she would hurry up and give birth lol

Jack

Back