• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vet - Floppy not doing well U/D post 6

weedug

Mama Doe
Poor Floppy has been really struggling with his legs lately (a subluxated and luxated patella). The vet is thinking it is getting near the time to let him go :cry:

I'm not ready to give him up yet, so he is to go on 0.7ml metacam twice daily, with zantac to help his tummy (he has a sensitive tummy which is easily upset). He's to be on that dose for a week, and hopefully he will show some improvement, then I can gradually reduce the dose to get to whatever he needs to cover the pain.

I hate to think what will happen if that doesn't work :cry:

Last edited:
I am so sorry he is struggling so badly. I hope he remains comfortable for a good while yet and you can spoil him with all his favourite treats.

Sending vibes for Floppy. What a worry for you, especially as Timmy is also causing concern. xx

Thank you all for thinking about Floppy.

SO FAR, the higher dose painkiller has been a help :D. Floppy has been moving about more today than he has done for some time :D:D.

He is on 0.7 ml of dog metacam, twice a day and only weighs 1.75kg. I have to only use this amount for a week, then gradually reduce the dose to whatever he needs to stay comfortable.

For today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Glad to read this :D Floppy is on the same dose of metcam as my 3kg bun but it's obviously working :thumb:

Back