• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

Vicki

Alpha Buck
Im at a bit of a loss of what to do really. It has been around a month since we lost Lola. Obviously Harvey is now on his own, he seems his usual self and still runs around and binkys etc...I have been spending more time with him now he is on his own but i no this probably isnt enough and he probably does get lonley being now a single bun. Ive noticed when i do spend time with him, he licks me more than he used to, (he's always been a bun to want to lick me quite a bit anyway, i think we built up a very strong bond together before i got Lola as i was always with him)... But now he licks me continuously and i have to make him stop as he wont! Even if its my coat, he wont stop! Im wondering if this is because he now sees me as his friend now Lola has gone? I should also point out, he is an outdoor bun, if he was an indoor i probably wouldnt feel as bad about him being on his own... I just dont know really what to do, ideally if i was to get him a friend i would want the same age as him, he is 6 and i dont seem to see any that old in rescues?!

What advice can anyone give me please? From day one he hasnt really looked like he's grieving, just i feel awful looking at him on his own!

Gosh I am inn exactly the same position with Mist. Mo died a couple of days ago so she's outside on her own. :cry: Obviously its still early days for her and I'm thinking of what is best to do for her. Well I know it would be best to find her a new husbun really but don't feel ready for it yet. Also Mist was the second one to the house and as they both went straight outside I never felt that I had chance to build a bond with her so I am working on this now. She is about 5 and if I do get a husbun (which I'd really like to) I would also be looking at a similar age. Sorry that's not much help just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat...

Regarding getting older buns I don't know if they are always advertised. You could try contacting a rescue close by or one that you trust and let them know you are looking for an older bun and why. I'm sure there are some out there. I have had a look on the Rabbits United bunny rescue search and a few older buns came up.

Maybe Mist and Harvey can be penpals :)

Its such a hard desicion isnt it. Even now it still feels a bit raw as i feel like im replacing Lola which just feels so wrong but on the other hand i dont want Harvey tombe lonely and even though he doesnt seem it to the extent ive read about some bunnies grieving, i still feel guilty about the whole situation... Ideally, if i was to get him a new friend, i would like to be able to take him somewhere where they have a few females of around his age so if it doesnt look like it will work out with one girl there are others to maybe try with?

A bunny brothel :lol:

It is difficult and Mist is the same. She seems ok but they are social animals so they are bound to be lonely. It is horrible to feel like you're replacing a lost bun though. Poor little bunnies :(

Good look with your search for the perfect wifey.

Thanks, you too..

In a way it doesnt feel right to get another bun but i have to put Harvey first and if thats what he needs or wants then thats what i will do, makes it harder for me to know as he's never looked like he's been grieving?

Back