• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First GA for Pip this weekend

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Pip is a five year old (approximately) spayed female palomino lionhead who has never needed a dental until now. This weekend she has her first one scheduled and I have to admit I'm a little worried about her going under. I trust my vet to do well by her, it's just that she's a stout girl who doesn't get much exercise and I'm concerned some underlying medical problem that we don't see might rear it's ugly head and cause a complication.

I know I'm just being paranoid. But has anyone here ever had an older bun go through a first dental at this age? Accompanying her will be my Fiver -who isn't bonded to her btw- my youngest neutered male and a mini rex who's been under twice now, so is a veteran of tooth burring. Still he has his own special needs after surgery that I'll have to meet. I'm hoping Pip will just sail through this.

Just can't seem to get my nerves under control on this...probably the double header...usually only have to take one bun at a time.
Could I ask for some spare RU vibes for a safe procedure for both buns please? Thank you. :)

5 years isnt that old, she should be fine :) prehaps a little slower coming round than your other buns but she should be just fine :D

Yeah I agree with Georgie, 5 isn't all that old. Santa had regular dentals under GA right until she died aged over 7, and in spite of her age and general poor health (she was a chronic snuffler) she used to come round and crash about in a temper more quickly than many of the younger buns my vet treated. Good luck to little Pip xx

Thanks very much for the good wishes. :) Tomorrow's the big day. They both hate car travel (can't blame them, OH drives like a madman) and Fiver lost all the fur off his back to velvet last visit. I hope he's not bald when I pick him up! 0_o

Back