• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit with two nests of babies

lanabellj9

New Kit
Hi All,

Bit new to all this, so bare with me......I have a Conti giant called Marg, she gave birth yesterday, to 8 little bunnies, but she has two nests......Does this mean she will only feed 1 nest and leave the others?......any help would be gratefully received.

How can she just give birth ;)

Was there a un neutered male with her previously ?

Look under the Health section tab of this forum, very useful advice there too.

Are you going to be keeping these babies? Re homing them yourself ;neutering and spaying prior to re homing ?

Chances are that some of the babies ended up being moved, or born at a different time and so she has built a nest to accommodate both. I have known of people who had mummy bunnies who looked after both nests. You will need to check them both though. If one nest has only one baby in then it might be worth moving that baby to the other nest.

As whitehood says there are two stickies in the Health forum that might be useful- one about Breeding and one about accidental litters and taking on babies. In there you can find info about how to check the babies in the safes way.

4 bunnies in one nest, 4 bunnies in the other, all doing well. They will be re homed by myself, This is not the first time i have had babies, just the first time for 2 nests. Thank you for your help, i'll look in the other forums x

Back